Web and Mobile Application Developers
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place now one of 2020Best Places to Work by Glassdoor We have multiple openings for Web and Mobile Application Developers to work on multi-disciplinary teams. You will support projects focusing on problems of interest to LLNL and DOE programs. These positions will be within the Computing Directorate and may be matrixed to Computing teams supporting other programs. These positions will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level. Essential Duties
- Collaborate with customers and other developers to develop innovative solutions to complex problems in the customer domain.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle to develop, enhance and maintain full-stack web applications andor mobile based applications, under limited direction.
- Participate in requirements definition, and perform in depth analysis to design, architect, implement, debug, test and deploy developed applications.
- Perform software engineering using established development practices, tools, and processes for achieving robust software quality including testing, configuration management, change management, and documentation.
- Manage competing priorities of customers and stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned. In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Research and recommend technology platforms and tools for new application development.
- Provide technical solutions to complex problems which may not be well defined, and lead projects spanning the complete application lifecycle, under minimal direction.
- Ensure application compatibility and support complex application interactions in partnership with other software development teams. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Broad experience implementing server-side web applications with one or more languages such as Python, Java, PHP, Ruby, etc.
- Broad experience with one or more server-side web frameworks such as Django, Play, Spring Boot, Flask, Grails, Rails, etc.
- Proficient with client-side web-application languages such as Java
Script, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Broad experience with one or more Java
Script frameworks such as Backbone, Angular, React, Bootstrap, Kendo UI, etc., or broad experience with one or more mobile development frameworks such as Ionic, React Native, PhoneGap, Flutter, Corona SDK, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with one or more relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MariaDB, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with one or more web application servers such as Web Logic, Glass
Fish, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team environment, as well as the ability to work effectively with minimal guidance. In Addition at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge of multiple software frameworks and best practices for web or mobile application development.
- Significant experience working independently and ability to provide technical leadership to guide small projects to completion.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to interact and present technical material and provide advice to management and customersponsor representatives. Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing software in a continuous integration environment.
- Experience developing automated tests as part of the development process.
- Experience with service-oriented development. Pre-Employment Drug Test External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor. Security Clearance This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, wewill initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processedgranted. Note This listing has 10 openings to be filled as Career Indefinite or as At Will appointments. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions. About Us Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applyingcutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about 2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.