Web Development Engineer
Web Development Engineer – Bangalore
Founded in 2013, OYO is today India’s largest hotel network operating 7000 hotels and 70,000 rooms in more than 200 Indian cities. These include major metros, regional hubs, top leisure destinations as well as pilgrimage towns. OYO is also present in Malaysia and Nepal. In January 2017, OYO launched Townhouse - a managed hotel-brand designed to function as social hotspots to cater to city dwellers and a new generation of guests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVMQgODN9KI
A global disruptor from India, OYO has received several accolades including Express IT Startup of the Year Award (2015), NDTV Dream Chaser of the Year (2016) and IAMAI Digital Startup of the Year (2016). It was recognized by Business Today as among the Coolest Startups in India (2016) and ranked by LinkedIn as one of the top employee attractors in India (2016). OYO is backed by leading global investors, including the SoftBank Group, Greenoaks Capital, Sequoia Capital and Lightspeed India.
Technology is a core driver of every aspect of OYO’s business from Supply Discovery, Hotel Onboarding, Transformation, CX management, Booking and post booking experience to running efficient hotel operations. Led by engineering leaders and principal engineers with extensive past experience at companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Adobe, OYO is proud to have one of the best technology teams anywhere in the world. If you are looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you don’t have to choose between complexity and scale and get to learn from some of the sharpest colleagues, OYO is the right place for you.
As a Web Development Engineer, you would be responsible for design and development of new web product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building low latency, high quality and scalable web experiences. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products require exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, web technologies and practical experience building customer facing web products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years experience in web software development
- Expertise with browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Working knowledge of latest web frameworks and technologies like React JS, Angular JS, Vue JS, Node JS will be an advantage
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experienced in web security, SEO, accessibility and internationalization
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills