UI Developer (C# ,WPF/XAML, .NET)
As an UI Developer at the company, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of a high-performance, highly scalable .NET scientific simulation platform using leading agile development practices. This is a hands-on role that works both independently and collaboratively in a team environment. You must be delivery-focused and possess broad set of technology skills to take this complex modeling platform to the next level of usability, ease of use and user interaction sophistication.
- Develop in C# and .NET for Windows using Agile development methods and the latest Microsoft technologies.
- Work directly with actuaries, experts in reinsurance, and capital modeling to develop user interface for modeling functionality and results analysis.
- Work on a team with embedded QA and domain experts to design, implement, test and support software products, tools, and analysis platform.
- Meet with product users to understand their goals and the domain. Use their feedback to further improve the user experience of the modeling software.
- 8+ years software development experience
- Proven record of shipping commercial software.
- Expert-level C# skills, .NET framework experience, and object oriented design experience, including strong knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns.
- Experience developing user interface for complex products and highly technical users.
- Proven ability to extract goals, ideas and approaches from domain experts and translate them into elegant UI design.
- Experience with interactive charting and graphing packages for the visual display of quantitative information.
- Expert-level WPF/XAML. Other frameworks a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates self-motivation, resourcefulness and independent action
- Experience working directly with users on an agile development team strongly preferred