Technical Lead, HR Cloud & Analytics
Help define the future of the crew experience at Vanguard!
HR Technology is changing rapidly, and Vanguard must evolve constantly to offer the best for our crew so that we can continue to make Vanguard a best place to work!
With strategic initiatives underway to improve how crew interact with HR services and beyond. The HR & Crew Systems team is in need of a technical lead who is excited to optimize the Crew Experience with our digital products by employing the same Client Experience (CX) mindset towards our Crew facing services and journeys. In this role you will:
* Act as a subject matter expert for other HR application developers in the areas of functional expertise (Learning Experience Platforms, AWS Data and Analytics, and Third Party Products).
* Act as a consultant to internal clients and interpret requests to determine appropriate sources of information and appropriate integration delivery methods.
* Maintains a current and working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards.
* Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members.
* Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
* Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
* Provides production support while working with PCOE and other IT technical groups. Owns submitting and managing vendor support cases.
* Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team's technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
* Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
* Schedules and manages product elevations and submitting change records in ServiceNow.
* Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates.
* Participates in screening resumes of potential team members (contractors and crew), interviews and makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and provides feedback on crew.
* Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
* Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
* For projects without a BSA, performs this staff member's duties, including interviewing business liaisons to diagram process flows and to write functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member's duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
* Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
* Works to provide top quality service to the clients. What it takes:
* Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
* Eight years experience in technical specialty, including Salesforce, as well as a minimum of 3+ years of developer
* Experience in Java, Mid-tier, angular, SQL, AWS, S3, EMR Glue, Athena, a plus
* Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
* Broad knowledge of the financial services industry
* Experience in: Full product life cycle, IT vendor product assessment, Architecture design, Performance and stress testing, Security, Quality assurance methodology and Inspections, Technical standards and deliverables, Migration and integration; Etc;.
* Proficiency in wide range of technologies within technical specialty
- from state of the art to legacy systems Additional Details: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. About Vanguard We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests. For us, investing doesn't just end in value.