Sr. Software Engineer
The Workplace Investing (WI) Systems group is seeking an experienced and hardworking software engineer to help craft and build next generation web solutions for use across WI application suites. This individual will be encouraged to work closely with application owners, architecture and business sponsors to review requirements, build technical designs and implement solutions in a Scrum Agile environment. The ideal candidate has a background in front-end application development using the latest in web technologies, as well as, proven Java J2EE experience. This position will be based full time in Durham, NC.
The team operates in the workplace investing business unit, specifically working in the stock plan services space. This team will be working on exciting new Fidelity offerings to support the plan sponsor experience. Our team is responsible for development of the capabilities necessary to offer this product digitally to customers.
You will be responsible for developing high-quality web application components in support of the Plan Sponsor Web portal that supports 401k, Pension, Stock plan services, Health & Insurance, as well as other products for our Workplace Investing clients. You will craft, code and unit-test new functionality for one to many of these product lines in an Agile environment. In addition to day-to-day development responsibilities, you will also be responsible for dev lead tasks, which includes on-boarding and initial setup, mentoring developers, delegating development tasks when vital, and reviewing/assessing code quality.
The Expertise You Have
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years web/application development experience with strong solid understanding of Java/Spring
- Exposure to Agile development methodology is required
- Knowledge of client-side MVC frameworks and/or experience with one or more popular Java
Script toolkits (jQuery, Angular 2+)
- Experience crafting, building, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment using CI/CD tools; experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy are a plus.
- Experience working with design, architecture, and code approval.
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals
- Use business requirements to develop technical designs, define architectural strategies and solutions
- Able to partner optimally with your technology business partners
- You are able to advise and guide less experienced developers in their work
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- You have a desire and aptitude for learning new technologies
- You have experience with HTML, CSS and Java
The Value You Deliver
- Defining and developing web applications for our Plan Sponsor Experience product
- Working closely with application owners, architecture and business sponsors
- Rapid prototyping to validate good and bad ideas quickly
- Writing source code, adapting existing components, and unit testing developed components.
- Ensuring designs meet performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements.
- Working under minimal supervision in collaboration with other engineer and analysts
Certifications: Category: Information Technology
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit Fidelity
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.