Software Engineer Lead
To serve as the Engineering Lead for the Omni-Channel Servicing team within the Consumer & Enterprise Digital Bank division. Provide leadership for the development team, define complex designs across platforms, enhance existing platform and processes, and work with leadership on continuous improvement opportunities. This position is a highly visible within the organization and proper communication across technology and business is vital. A major objective of this role is to continue expanding our omni-channel servicing capabilities, while maintaining consistent experiences across servicing channels and increasing efficiency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment developed for our stakeholders within an Agile Scrum environment.
- Work with product managers, UI/UX designers, solution architects, technical leads and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
- Work with analysts, developers, and testers to define the necessary scope, requirements, and technical specifications for our projects
- Assist/Mentor other developers on the team in software development best practices and continual improvement of service
- Ability to work in a large-scale Agile environment with distributed team members
- Define architectural and technical designs as well as hands on development of our platforms
- Perform regular code reviews as part of the monthly release cycles
- Acts independently under general direction and provides technical consulting on complex projects.
- Plans, estimates, organizes and monitors significant project deliverables and/or platform capabilities
- Knowledge of, and experience in, delivering new or enhanced fee-based software products
- 7+ years leading technology teams in development of technology solutions
- Large-scale project experience across multiple business units
- Experience with client-side frameworks like AngularJS, Angular, and Bootstrap
- Experience with server-side frameworks & concepts like Spring/Spring Boot, JPA/Hibernate, and microservices
- Experience with client-server integration via REST services and systems integration via SOAP & REST services
- Experience with package management tools like Maven and npm
- Experience with testing tools like Junit and Selenium
- Proven experience defining complex technical designs and solutions
- Ability to work in both a waterfall and agile delivery environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess new and unfamiliar issues and work through potential solutions, issues, and risks
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communications and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or relevant experience
- Experience with the following tools & technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Selenium, GIT, Swagger, Eclipse, Tomcat, SonarQube,
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment, utilizing automated testing, as well as Test Driven Development
- Experience with Redis and Kubernetes
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Experience delivering technology solutions in the Financial Industry
- Knowledge and experience with IBM BPM (Business Process Manager) platform in delivering technology solutions