Software Development Intern
Logistics done differently. At XPO Logistics, we're out to transform transportation logistics through technology, and our multimillion-dollar commitment to IT underscores its importance to our vision. Our Technology Associates are on the cutting edge of that transformation. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to explore what's next in IT, software engineering, cybersecurity, QA, data science, UX/UI and more. We take pride in helping our employees grow and learn. Become the technology leader you're meant to be, by building tomorrow's technology today. Pay, benefits and more. We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation. This 10-12 week summer internship program will take place in Portland, Oregon during summer 2021.What you'll do on a typical day:
* Report to the Engineering Manager
* Learn the business and technology stack around XPO
* Develop applications using Java and Angular
* Collaborate with business analysts and a team of engineers to assess innovative ideas
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
* Background or education in a related field
* 2 years of relevant courseworkIt'd be great if you also have:
* Completed coursework toward a Computer Science or Mathematics degree
* Experience coding in Java, Angular and SQL
* Good analytical skills with the interest to learn
* Ability to work in a team environmentBe part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team
- energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers. All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Apply now "