Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
SDET (Software Development in Test)
Job Description Summary
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) role is a Software Engineer who can both teach and do. They are a hands-on individual who is capable of architecting and writing test automation code, and managing test efforts in general. This SDET role will write test automation at both the API and UI level. With respect to writing test automation: this involves working with tools from the Smart
Bear suite, Soap UI Pro/Postman for API & integration testing and Test Complete for UI automation.
With respect to designing and managing testing: this involves working with other peers in delivery management to ensure efficient workable test plans, measuring and publishing metrics, becoming trained and certified on Enterprise products and systems, collaboration across teams, and being a mentor in good QA process and practices to other SDETs. Your test management tool will be Zephyr.
You can think of the SDET role as an experienced QA automation engineer with some leadership ability; an engineering persona that focuses on design excellence, rational scientific experimental test design and measures, and self-discipline and accountability in planning and execution. This will require good judgment in what high-value testing is, assessing and communicating risk, creating reusable templates for communication and modular code, ensuring that the test organization is building out reusable automated testing components, and exhibiting a personal behavioral style that is open, direct, creative, and helpful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect an automation strategy and plan for React based UI applications
- Design and write UI test automation code
- Define and train others on quality standards for new projects
- Quickly ramp up on Enterprise technology capabilities and product suites
- Deliver clear test plans/cases that include time, scope, resources, constraints, test scope, dependencies, risk, and responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong project management skills in understanding project goals, individual role operations, the delivery process, identifying problems, and unblocking testing through effective escalation
- Experience with UI Development tools, including: React, Enzyme/Jest/React Testing Library/Storybook
- Experienced in UI Automation Design and Implementation leveraging tools such as Cypress, Protractor, WebDriver
- Proficiency in Java
- Comfortable in a fast-paced agile process embracing TDD/BDD and APIs leading to CI/CD
- Knowledge of combinatorial test planning tools such as Hexawise a plus.
- Strong logical reasoning and ability to think before acting
- Ability to edit and run SQL a plus
- Experience working with GitLab or Jenkins in respect to CI/CD
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 year degree in computer science or engineering field
- 4 years writing software test automation
- Experience working with AWS hosted applications
- Experience in the insurance industry a plus, but not required
- Certification in Scrum or Agile a plus, but not required