Senior Manager, Product Engineering
Journey with us!
Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Senior Manager, Product Engineering will oversee new technology delivery, maintenance and the future engineering roadmap for multiple sets of features / product areas. The Senior Manager, Product Engineering role will partner closely with the Product and Creative divisions on developing the best solutions for the business and providing a Royal Caribbean Guest experience which is best in the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds highly talented, top-performing, efficient, autonomous engineering teams
- Contributes to larger engineering organizational initiatives and future direction
- Lead software design, prototype, and development of mobile apps.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Oversees industry leading end-to-end enterprise software engineering, including native mobile application development, web development, back-end APIs, database
- Develops talent and participates in professional growth of direct reports
- Determines technical roadmap for product vertical
- Fosters great business relationships by partnering with key stakeholders and cross functional leadership teams
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Pushes for continuous improvement of talent, process and technology
- Automates tools, processes and technology to allow for greater engineering throughput, quality and progress
- Supports and troubleshoots production issues
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelors, Computer Science or equivalent
- 9+ years building complex, high quality mobile applications, and have a strong knowledge of mobile app design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Mobile application development
- iOS, Android, hybrid, React
- Web application development
- Angular, Node, HTML, CSS
- Back End API Development
- Microservices, Java
- Database Development & Administration
- Manages distributed teams
- Managed services, IAAS, PAAS
- Application performance tuning (incl. mobile-specific tuning)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Cloud technology, AW
- Route53, ELB, EC2 (incl. reserved instances), S3, RDS, Cloud
Front, Elasticache, Auto
Scaling, Lambda, cost optimization
- Canary Deployments
- Computer Science Fundamentals
- Offline support and highly resilient applications, chaos testing
- Test Automation
- Unit Testing
- Site reliability engineering
- Application Security
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.