Job Responsibilities: Senior level JS developer - node.js and React.
- Analyze and help define software requirements
- Provide accurate estimates of LOE
- Design and develop applications that meet the needs of the organization
- Design and develop solutions which are:
- 80% building new applications in latest framework following best industry practices
- 20% maintaining old applications
- working within agile development/methodology (1-week sprints)
- new solutions must have Unit Tests
- new solutions need to have continuous integration or at least automated deployment
- training/mentoring lower level developers, with creation of training courses and materials
- defining coding standards and knowledge of industry standards and best practices
- suggesting and implementing new ideas for the team
- working with the entire IT department to create effective solutions and see projects completed successfully
Job Requirements: (Degree; Yrs Exp., Skills, Attitude, etc) HS diploma + 4 years in JS development, backend and frontend. Experience and knowledge are more important than years alone
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and best industry standards
- Previous experience leading a team, training & mentoring other developers
- Experience writing/completing Unit Testing
- Experience working with APIs & RESTful APIs
- Experience working in Agile
- Willing to learn new technologies (C++, C#, PHP)
- Good interpersonal communication
- Experience with .Net, C++, PHP
- Experience with SQL based databases (SQL server, Pervasive, MYSQL)
- Experience working with NoSQL
- Working in a Windows environment, on a team of 6.
- Needs to be able to talk to external and internal clients, help gather requirements.
- Work hours are 1st shift Monday-Friday, no travel, no remote, no relocation.
Desired Requirements: BS in CS or IT; Code examples from previous work are a great plus. 5 + yrs Direct Mgt. experience;
Please call Tom Egner/Messina Mgt. Sys 513-774-9083, x1600