Senior Java Developer - Security
Create the products that are changing an industry We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as a Full-Stack Engineer will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will change the way the world invests.
RequirementsIn this role you will As a Full Stack Developer in Security and Authentication Engineering team, you'll work on a fully dedicated, cross-functional, co-located and durable team given the autonomy required to deliver solutions which fulfill client needs and drive business outcomes within the context of client journeys. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build enterprise security applications in cloud for Authentication and Authorization that will continue to further strengthen Vanguard's security fingerprint while also simplifying and improving the end user experience. He/she will support multiple Security product/services and its migration to cloud. The team will operate with enhanced speed and agility to deliver meaningful customer experiences in a rapid build-measure-learn manner. Impact Bring invention to investing Focused on creating innovative user experiences, you'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. While your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong organizational skills, will make you a valuable member of a collaborative team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
QualificationsWhat it takes
* Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
* 5+ years Extensive software engineering experience
* Strong planning and organizational skills
* Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns Specializations that'll make an impact
* Be highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
* Have the opportunity to achieve results against goals linked to key performance indicators.
* Be experienced with Java, REST API, Spring, Java
Script, Python and Angular
* Be experienced in AWS
* Experience with Bit Bucket and Bamboo deployment
* Have experienced with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
* Have exposure to software engineering tools, such as Eclipse, WebStorm, Git, and others.
* Write clean, maintainable code, and read code created by others.
* Be a quick learner who can learn and develop utilizing a new framework within a single sprint. Special Factors
* Experience or training in AWS cloud security
* Candidates possessing security certifications (CISSP, CCSP) a strong plus Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. About Vanguard We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests. For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose
- and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you. We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count. Inclusion Statement Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing." We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values. When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose. Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.