Senior Angular Web Applications Developer
WHO WE ARE
Our client, a tier 1 investment bank, wants to design a new experience for a financial analytics platform. The stakeholders are forward thinking and want to create innovative workflows and visualizations to create the best possible user experience for this high profile platform.
This includes a reactive HTML5 front-end using Angular. Adaptive has unique experience delivering similar platforms and the person in this role will be crucial to leveraging that internal knowledge and driving the delivery directly in partnership with the client and their senior management.
We offer this role as a full-time position here in our NY office.
You must be able to work for any U.S. Employer, unfortunately, we cannot sponsor at this time.
As a web developer, you will:
- Contribute to building and releasing quality software on time
- Use your knowledge to build great-looking, event-driven and highly interactive interfaces
- Collaborate with server-side developers, user-experience designers, and business analysts
- Participate in a test-driven, agile environment
- Keep up to date with the developments in technology and quickly adapt to them to achieve better results
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive client-side development experience, gained while building single-page web applications
- Practical knowledge of web development tools such as Webpack, NPM, Yarn, Gulp, and PostCSS
- Understanding of ES6 and newer ES specifications
- Proficient with Chrome developer tools, including knowing how to diagnose and fix performance issues
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Language: English (fluent)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Working with distributed teams
- TypeScript, Rx.js, Redux,
- Event-driven APIs
- Financial services experience
- Strong desire to raise the bar for your team technically
- Tenacious, curious, and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and raise concerns
Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
Good work/life balance and Friday beers
Don't worry, we won't put you through tens of interviews! We'll review your application and if it's aligned with what we're looking for, we'll arrange a phone call with you. If after that phone call, we're both happy to proceed, we'll arrange for you to speak with someone in the technical team by phone. If that goes well and we're all still happy, we'll invite you to our offices to meet with us for an interview.
Please note that due to the nature of our work, we will run a background check on the successful candidate after an offer has been accepted.