PTES Senior Software Engineer with Security Clearance
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. The Boeing Space & Launch Division's Protected Tactical Enterprise Service (PTES) program is seeking a Software Engineer to develop a new Global Military Satellite Communications (MILSATCOM) Ground System that will manage transmission of protected tactical waveform
- a type of secure, anti-jam communication
- over Boeing-built Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) satellites and terminals. The successful candidate will drive the daily execution of product development in a fast paced agile environment. We seek candidates who have skills in agile methodologies, software development, test automation, and system automation. As a member of the PTES team, you will be involved in the entire software development life cycle, from idea creation and development, all the way through to maintenance and support of the customer's delivered system. These positions will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. The PTES team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn from or lead others. Position Responsibilities:
* Utilize Java, Java Script and Angular SW languages to develop communication and planning system.
* Agile Development within a cross-discipline team.
* Continuous integration, testing, and delivery within a CI/CD pipeline.
* Utilize micro service container software architecture.
* Data analytics and machine learning.
* Decompose complex requirements and capabilities into executable discrete user stories. This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An ability to obtain a U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required. Basic Qualifications
* Bachelors of Science (or greater) from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry, or other technical degree.
* 2+ years experience utilizing Agile Development Process.
* 2+ years experience in developing software unit tests and automated functional testing.
PreferredQualification (Desired Skills/Experience):
* 1+ years experience with collaborative Confluence environment including JIRA. Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense. Drug Free Workplace: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This is a NASA safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing. Diversity & Inclusion Commitment: At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it's the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company's commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.