Principal Software Developer
We are seeking an experienced full stack Principal Software Developer to join and help lead our growing IT organization, architecting, designing, and developing custom web, mobile, and cloud applications. The successful candidate will have strong technical, problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. He/She will also want to influence and guide cutting edge technology architectural decisions and impact on the overall direction of the App Delivery group.
- Work with the Director of Product Engineering to make team-wide architectural decisions including tooling, frameworks, and platforms.
- Design and develop high scale applications using modern technologies and techniques
- Collaborate with IT Operations to devise, strengthen, and implement application security, particularly authentication, authorization, and protecting against OWASP vulnerabilities.
- Continuously assess, prototype, and implement DevOps engineering concepts (monitoring, containers, Configuration as a Service, etc.) that provide scale, automation, agility, security, and stabilization for development and operations.
- Provide technical leadership and coaching for project teams.
- Perform full stack engineering on both cloud and on prem systems: Design, develop, and unit test applications from the UI/UX, business rules, integration and data layer perspectives
- Integrate and customize third-party SaaS services and applications
- Create and optimize CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
- Participate in Scrum activities including planning, estimating, standups, and retrospectives
- Collaborate with IT team and business stakeholders at all levels on project delivery
- Documentation of technical designs and knowledge base content
- 10+ years with CPI's core technologies and development frameworks:
- C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, ADO.NET, some ORM (EF, NHibernate, Dapper, etc.)
- Angular, Typescript, Java
Script, jQuery, HTML5, and CSS3
- Web concepts and protocols (OpenAPI, REST, SSL/TLS, etc.)
- T-SQL and database design (normalization, indexing, query optimization)
- Development and publishing of private Nuget packages
- 5+ years with distributed computing systems and cloud design patterns (request-response protocols, messaging, RPC, event sourcing, etc.)
- Experience with cloud PaaS application services (Azure preferred), including serverless functions, messaging middleware, NoSQL databases, and connector-based no/low-code process logic.
- 5+ years of hands-on Scrum experience
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience implementing Azure DevOps Pipelines for CI builds and releases
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs, e-commerce, distribution/warehouse, and workflow-driven systems.
- Experience with Power
Shell and Infrastructure as Code scripts or tools
- Networking and infrastructure knowledge or experience preferred
- Experience with software scanning and testing vulnerabilities preferred
- Experience with Docker, app containerization, and Azure Container Registry preferred
What's In It For You!
- Competitive pay and educational assistance
- Great medical, dental, vision, short
- & long-term disability and life insurance options
- Company paid holidays, floating holiday and paid time off (PTO)
- 401(k) plan with competitive company match
- On site state of the art fitness facility, onsite cafe, walking trail, basketball court and a dedicated Fitness Director
- Paid Volunteer and Charitable Engagement Opportunities
- Birthday and Work Anniversary Rewards