Principal / Senior Principal Software Engineer
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career. The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to develop, debug and implement software products and scripts to run on processing electronics for defense applications. This position will be located in San Jose, CA.Roles and
ResponsibilitiesDevelop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems. Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Diagnose problems encountered during application integration among products and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes. Design and develop complex software using a variety of programming and scripting languages. Develop software on diverse platforms including UNIX, Linux and Windows based operating systems. Utilize configuration management tools, database applications and related software development tools. Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision. This position can be filled at a Principal or Senior Principal level.
A current active Top Secret Clearance is required. Applicants without a Clearance may be considered with the understanding that employment will not begin until a TS/SCI Clearance is attained.
CIMSBasic Qualifications for a Principal Software Engineer:
* Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of relevant work experience, or Master's Degree with 3 years of relevant work experience, or PhD with 0 years of relevant work experience. Note, 9 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
* US Citizen with current Active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
* Relevant work experience in software development using Python, Java, C/C .Basic Qualifications for a Senior Principal Engineer Software:
* Bachelor's Degree with 9 years of relevant work experience, or Master's Degree with 7 years of relevant work experience, or PhD with 4 years of relevant work experience. Note, 13 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
* US Citizen with current Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
* Relevant work experience in software development using Python, Java, and C/C
* Understanding of software development lifecycle and roles within each phase
* Relevant work experience with scripting languages
* Demonstrated understanding of software design principles (e.g. software design patterns)
* Demonstrated success working individually and as part of a team requiring little supervision
* Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Prior experience with implementing visual design and develop front-end UI
* Create and maintain information architecture
* Experience with the web-based technology
* Experience with MEAN stack
- MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, NodeJS
- or Meteor
* Experience with Cesium, WebGL Globe, and other geospatial tools/standards (Google Earth, KML, etc.)
* Prior experience using the Agile Scrum methodology
* Prior experience using Rally, GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium applications
* Prior experience with database design, implementation, and interfacing
* Prior experience developing applications using web services or other web technologies
* Prior experience with distributed processing and data analytics
* Prior experience incorporating off-the-shelf software products/libraries into applications
* Prior experience in software testingWhat We Can Offer You: Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following: Health PlanSavings PlanPaid Time Off