Principal Application Support Engineer
Principal Application Support Engineer
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You ll Love This Job:
Being a member of Enterprise Application Support (EAS) team, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership in supporting all the application suites within DTCC, including Global Trade Repository (GTR) application suite and all ITP applications. The role will be executing all aspects of the operating procedures/runbooks within a predefined shift pattern. This role is a technical liaison with development teams, the Enterprise Infrastructure teams and internal business clients to resolve and escalate technical support incidents where necessary. The Enterprise Application Support (EAS) team provides centralized application and infrastructure support for all critical business applications and infrastructure support.
- The Principal Application Engineer will apply broad and deep knowledge to support key initiatives, as well as operational tasks to maintain the integrity of the EAS Department.
- Support DTCC applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support for DTCCs production application services client facing environments. Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and escalation.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to support teams in all locations on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc. Disaster recovery test planning and execution
- application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, troubleshooting
- Assist with key projects by executing task deliverables and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for DTCC s production application services; Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations; and access administration for application access to DTCC's production application services
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating system on UNIX, VMware and Windows servers as well as software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems.
Talents Needed for Success:
- Bachelors degree required; Master s preferred with equivalent experience
- Extensive hands-on experience on Core Java and J2EE technologies required (Core Java, Java 8, JSP, Servlets, Java
Beans, Struts, Spring, JDBC, JNDI, JSP Custom Tag Libraries, AngularJS, XML (SAX & DOM), Java Mail API, JAXB, ANT, Maven, JUnit, JSON)
- Expertise on Application Servers, Webservers and Middleware Technologies required (WebLogic, Tomcat, iPlanet)
- Extensive experience with Database Technologies, should be proficient with SQL queries and troubleshooting Database code is required (Oracle, MySQL, Aurora, PostGreSQL, DynamoDB)
- AWS Certified Developer Certification / Experience is required (S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Aurora, Step Function, EC2, Lambda, Cloud
- Strong working experience with Solaris/Linux and Windows commands, expertise with shell scripting and job scheduling is required (Windows Server, UNIX, Linux)
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting ability, extremely strong multitasking skills, able to work in high pressure Production support environments. High level of debugging with application code level and log analysis skill on various platform is required
- Knowledge of Finance/Trading Technologies with Equity/Debt stocks and Derivative market including Post trade and Pre-settlement is required
- Strong knowledge on Financial securities transaction protocol like FIX, SWIFT, HTTPS, DCI is required
- Experience with IBM MQ (messaging and queuing technologies) is required
- Experience with Onsite/Offshore co-ordination, team management, task delegation, defect tracking, cross team co-ordination like Business/Development/Product/Sales/Client Contact Center is nice to have
- Experience in Python scripting is nice to have
- Experience with ITIL Incident and Change management processes is nice to have
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry s needs and we re working to continually improve the world s most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries.
A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It s the chance to make a difference at a company that s truly one of a kind.
To maintain strong alignment between IT and the business, we are bringing together all Solutions-focused teams under a unified technology organization, IT Solutions. The newly-formed IT Solutions department combines Application Development and Enterprise Application Support functions, allowing us to leverage synergies to support the Solutions business lines.