|Location||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||November 1, 2016|
Our client is looking for an AngularJS/Java Lead Developer / Technical Lead responsible for the client side of our service.
Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance.
Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app.
You will work in a team with the back-end developer, and communicate with the API using standard methods.
A thorough understanding of all of the components of our platform and infrastructure is required.
Responsibilities / Required Skills:
- Overall 8-10 years of IT experience;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing applications in financial services industry;
- Delivering a complete front end application
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Coordinating the workflow between the graphic designer, the HTML coder, and yourself
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Communicating with external web services
Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system
- Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects and keeping the framerate above 30fps at all times
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS
- Experience with all levels of operation available to the front-end, such as from creating XHRs in vanilla JS to using a custom wrapper around resource
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks