Software - Fullstack Engineering Internship (Fall 2020)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around September 2020 and continue through the entire Fall semester (i.e. December 2020) or into early 2021 if available. Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world's best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla's workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We're tackling the world's most difficult and important problems-and we wouldn't succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team's success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you'll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla's mission.
- Palo Alto, CA
- Fremont, CA
About the Team
Tesla is seeking highly motivated software engineer students specializing in front end, back end and/or full-stack development experience. These students will work within our Vehicle Software, Energy and Digital Products teams.
What to Expect
Interns will develop and validate software for Tesla's current and future products and programs. We care greatly about building software that stands the test of time, even as parts of the stack keeps evolving.
They will contribute to cross-functional system architecture, software system design, analytics applications and rapid prototyping.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Back End: Ruby on Rails, Python, MySQL
- Experience in .NET, C#, and AngularJS
- Familiar with using release management tools (Jira)
- Experience working with REST APIs and micro-service architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts.
- Write well-organized code that retains a vision of flexibility and customization
- Experience developing web services that enhance the efficiency of the firmware development organization.
- Familiarity with database concepts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, sales teams and optimization to own your own solution from development to production
- Genuine curiosity and willingness to understand how our products are designed, built and how they operate
- Ability to work independently, detail oriented and execution focused