Full Stack Angular Developer
We’re Capital One. Yep, the “What’s in your wallet?” people. But we are oh so much more than that. Did you know we’re a full-service bank? Checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and car loans. We could tell you more, but you’re going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We’re experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, “What if?” Oh, and we love to write code.
Your commitment to learning new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don’t want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we’re doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
The ideal candidate will be able to jump right into a software engineering role. Looking for a strong character who is very assertive and articulates technology well. This person needs to understand the buzzwords not just say/use them. This person should have a focus on performance and needs to know how to build a complete application from the DB through to the front end work with nothing more than a conceptual understanding and visual designs as needed. They should have a passion for learning new technologies, innovating and driving change, and collaborating other developers.
- Full Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Mentor and raise the game for teammates in all areas
- Full participation in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc)
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- You’re a tinkerer and love technology - Myo, Amazon Echo, Arduino and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
Position Provides Exposure To:
- Back End Skills: Microservices, REST, GraphQL, Node.js, JVM (Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.), Database (Postgres, MySQL, etc.).
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, etc), Terraform, Chef, Docker, Ansible.
- Automation Testing: Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Automated Performance and Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus
- Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, grunt, gulp, git, npm, yarn, lein, boot, Xcode
- Bachelor Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of Software Development experience
- 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- 2 years of experience with No SQL database
- 4 -7 years of experience developing & sustaining enterprise software/services.
This is a mid to senior-level position located in Wilmington, DE. It is permanent and full-time, beginning as soon as we find the right person.
At this time, Capital One will NOT sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.