To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category.
Products and TechnologyJob DetailsThe Salesforce Community Cloud Performance Engineering team is looking to hire an extremely talented Java.
Script engineer to help us bring server side rendering (and other performance optimizations) to Salesforce's Lightning SPA (Single Page App) framework. We are looking to make the Lightning framework among the fastest in the industry, so that we can scale up to Enterprise and Consumer focused applications for a global and mobile audience. To do that requires making enhancements like server side rendering, along with other options around packaging, dynamic component loading, and using machine learning to understand how to preload the most likely components to be used on this and future pages. You are an amazing developer, for whom performance is your first thought, never an afterthought. You know one or more, or maybe even all, of the major JS frameworks like React, Vue, Angular, Ember, etc. You are a contributor, or would be if you had the time. You know mobile as well as you know desktop. You want to make a difference by bringing new ideas to the fastest software company to reach a $10B run rate. About Community Cloud: Community Cloud is an online social platform that enables companies to connect customers, partners, and employees with each other and the data and records they need to get work done. This next-generation portal combines the real-time collaboration of Chatter with the ability to share any file, data, or record anywhere and on any mobile device.
* Contribute major enhancements to the Lightning framework
* Work with Engineering teams within an agile process
* Analyze, understand, and improve Community Cloud's UI performance on desktop and mobile devices
* Use in-house and open-source tools to measure and visualize site performance
* BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
* You love solving problems and making a difference
* 3+ years software development experience, or
* 3+ years of performance analysis and measurement of technically challenging applications
* Firebug, YSlow, Chrome tools, Charles, etc.
* Java, C#, C+
+ or other OOP language
* Interest in automation and visualization of performance test results is a big plus
* Experience with Ruby/Rails or Python/Django or similar is a big plus
* Working knowledge of operating system design / tuning (e.g. Linux, Windows )
* Ability to analyze / interpret technical data
* Ability to identify / resolve system bottlenecks
* Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures
* Ability to write clear and concise technical documents
* Troubleshooting and reasoning skills
* Understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
* Working knowledge of HTTP load generation /measurement software (e.g.
JMeter, Fiddler, Chrome Dev Tools)
- If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting StatementAt Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org. Salesforce welcomes all. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.