Front End Engineer
Front End Engineer Contract to Hire REMOTE or Chicago, IL Browse the Aisles
- A quick overview of the Software Engineer Software Engineers will work with scrum teams to deliver best-in-class software solutions on time and in scope for our continued eCommerce efforts. Working with industry veterans and technical leaders, you'll help refine existing applications, build new products for customers to gain a better grocery experience, and be part of teams solving complex supply chain, retail, and eCommerce problems. As a Software Engineer, you'll fully participate in the software development life cycle for our enterprise-level web and mobile applications while learning and demonstrating knowledge of software development concepts. You'll be responsible for development activities including feature implementation, bug resolution, story grooming and code reviews. You'll participate in production support. Recipe for Success
- What's "in store" for the role Participate in sprint planning and design alongside Scrum Team (including level of effort estimates) Work with product managers and SMEs to understand the retail industry and customer needs Code, develop unit tests, and ensure implementation of software into production goes smoothly alongside business stakeholders, QA, and other developers Research and engage in emerging technologies Do what it takes to deliver quality code to advance business goals
- using your best judgement to find success The Essentials In Your Cart
- The required ingredients Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field 3+ years of experience Solid experience with ECMAScript 6+, Responsive Web Design Proven history of developing and maintaining high quality software products Ability to manage own work time and priorities in accordance with aggressive timelines and budgets Knowledge of working in an Agile software development methodology Understanding of development best practices, including algorithm development Additional
RequirementsIs proficient in Vue, Vuex and Vue-router. Prior experience with Angular is a plus. Has a deep understanding of Java.
Script Understanding of immutable objects Tuned to performance gains and writing optimized, simple, clean code. Understanding of image optimization Understanding of browser caching and image compression Acknowledgement of importance of lazy loading and understanding of a reactive state Preferred for the candidate to provide examples of Java.
Script optimizations in practice (walk us through itGitHub projects) Has a very data-driven philosophy when it comes to problem solving. Allow metrics from testing and validation to drive programming design decisions. Has a good approach to debugging legacy andor an unknown codebase. Extra Spices
- Nice To Have.
Additional Skills Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field Passion for coding
- you have projects on your own and would be coding regardless of where you work Effectively communicate your ideas and listen to others Problem solving
- not only technically, but also with competing visions from teammates and stakeholders Experience with Vue, Google Analytics Join Us at Our Table?
Forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress
- our people!
We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, includinggreat health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
EEO Employer Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or