Front-end Developer (React) – partially REMOTE
We are looking for a Front-end Developer to help build a suite of modern digital products/services to be consumed by thousands of health care providers across the country. Applicants should be fluent in React, component libraries such as Bootstrap and Foundation, Node/NPM based development tools, semantic HTML5, CSS, and CSS pre and post processors. Any potential applicant must provide a portfolio for review (web links to sites / apps they have built) and ideally a GitHub account with viewable (not private) repos. Will be able to work remotely but will need to be willing to travel to Reston, VA or Columbia, MD as needed.
- Solid experience as a front-end engineer building large scale consumer-facing web applications using React
- Solid experience with Test-Driven Development using testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Supertest
- Good understanding of the web technology fundamentals: HTTP, SSL, and JSON
- Experience with ES6+, Webpack (or similar), Babel (or similar)
- Experience with version control tools specifically Git and GitHub
- Meaningful experience productionizing large, complex consumer-facing web applications (with examples)
- Experience working with and coordinating with other team members using Slack, HipChat
- Experience working in team environments that use agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, SAFe
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Node based development tools (including NPM, Yarn) to facilitate code formatting consistency, linting, testing, bundling etc.