Front End Developer (Angular 5+)
Front End Developer (Angular 5+) - 87068
EA-Energy Analysis Env Impacts
Berkeley Lab’s Energy Analysis and Environment Impacts (EAEI, https://energyanalysis.lbl.gov/) Division is looking for a Front End Developer (Angular 5+) for an award-winning clean energy technologies web application!
Be part of a National Laboratory effort to create solutions for energy security and climate change! Join a team that is enthusiastic and proud of what we do!
In this role, you will help design and deploy the next generation of the eProject Builder web application. eProject Builder, winner of a 2018 R&D 100 award, is the only nationwide web-based energy project database and data management system that enables federal, state and local governments, educational institutions, private companies and their energy project implementers to standardize track, analyze, report and benchmark data for a wide variety of energy/water-saving and renewable energy projects.
Your primary role will be to work with a small team in designing, building and testing new Angular 7 front end components, designing the data models used by those components and effectively communicating the data requirements to the backend developers. There are opportunities for working on other areas of the application stack depending on the developer's interest and experience, such as developing the Node.js/Express/TypeScript backend server, relational database design with PostgreSQL, and devops CI/CD with GitLab and Docker.
What You Will Do:
• Work in a results-driven research environment helping to design, build, test and deploy the public-facing eProject Builder Angular web application.
• Work with team members in designing/building/testing Angular 7 frontend components, designing the data models used by those components, and effectively communicating the data requirements to the backend developers.
• Work on other areas of the application stack depending on the developer's interest/experience, such as developing the Node.js/Express/TypeScript backend server, relational database design with PostgreSQL, and devops CI/CD with GitLab and Docker.
• Contribute to creating user interface requirements, and project functional and technical specifications.
• Implement solutions to meet specifications and project milestones on time as a full contributing team member.
• Write efficient code, integrate the correct code testing protocols, use state of the art software development best practices and testing frameworks.
• Attend regular team meetings and maintain regular and as-needed communication with project management and team members, including remote team members, using team communication protocols (e.g., Zoom, Slack, GitLab) to ensure that team members are well-informed, can support each other in providing solutions and that the solutions being developed meet the needs of the project.
What is Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in software development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Deep knowledge of Angular v5+ practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience, including a solid understanding of Angular unit testing and e2e testing.
• Ability to write code and documentation following best practices.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts and Observables/RxJS.
• Knowledge of various web API concepts (REST, authentication, ...).
• Strong understanding and experience using Git in a team environment.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative on own tasks while also taking direction and working well within a team environment.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• This is a full time, M-F, exempt from overtime pay (monthly paid), 1 year, Term appointment with the possibility of extension for up to 5 years or conversion to Career appointment based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Typically work will be performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA. This position has the option of working remotely but limited to individuals residing in the United States.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=161526 and follow the online instructions to complete the application process.
Berkeley Lab (LBNL, http://www.lbl.gov/) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Working at Berkeley Lab has many rewards including a competitive compensation program, excellent health and welfare programs, a retirement program that is second to none, and outstanding development opportunities. To view information about the many rewards that are offered at Berkeley Lab- Click Here (https://commons.lbl.gov/display/hr/Benefits).
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html) under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) to view the poster and supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."