eCommerce Solutions Architect
Roles and Responsibilities
* Lead application design, integration design, and development of various components
* Lead requirements analysis, design, development, and maintenance of scalable, reliable website and software applications that operate 24x7
* Lead and develop prototype eCommerce applications.
* Define the technical implementation of the application integration architecture
* Must be able to manage multiple concurrent initiatives
* *Take initiative on continuous engineering and refactoring of legacy systems such as SAP
* Design and implement eCommerce application development projects. (SK suggestion: Scope and document technical work based on business requirements for eCommerce projects)
* Research, assess and lead the initiation of new technologies to maximize performance.
* Monitor problem solving initiatives and resolve complex issues.
* Initiate and implement architecture level quality control reviews.
* Collaborate with other architects to update architecture documents and other development processes documents.
* Ensure a smooth iteration of applications and the infrastructure.
* Implement load testing standards to troubleshoot performance problems.
* Provide code-level guidance and guide development teams.
* Create prototypes and working examples to drive solutions.
* Handle multiple projects with cross functional teams and business processes.
* Ensure coordination and effectiveness of all components and activities.
* Manage and handle issues requiring escalation.
* Review developmental frameworks, coding standards, conducts code reviews and walkthroughs, and conducts in-depth design reviewsInterfaces with Product Management and cross-functional teams to execute on projects and collaborate on quality initiativesTrain and mentor junior engineers
* Prepare the long term e-commerce strategic plans and implement them in the e-commerce architecture
* Prepare the standards and guidelines for technical designing based on various business goals and specific inputs from the clients
* Undertake the development, maintenance, and governance of the e-commerce architecture
* Recommend necessary changes in the existing e-commerce application and work for its efficient functioning, revenue generation, and cost savings
* Coordinate with the web developers, e-commerce marketing team, and e-commerce analysts for the effective completion and working of the e-commerce application
* Supervise the e-commerce team and see to it that the given tasks are completed according to the architecture designed
* Lead performance, monitoring, reporting, security requirement for projects
* Be available to participate in troubleshooting production escalations as neededSkills and Experience Needed
* A demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, create technical definition around customer objectives in complex situations, and develop solution strategies
* 8+ years direct experience in architecture design/implementation of large, scalable web services platform using Spring framework, Apache/Tomcat, XML/JSON and MYSQL (REST style services)
* Expert-level knowledge of Java
* Experience with Magento e-commerce and ERP systems such as SAP
* Experience with large data processing and correlation, (HBase experience is a plus)Direct, hands-on experience with ESB applications such as Mule (SK Suggestion: Working experience with MuleSoft ESB (Latest Community Edition) applications and integrations with large distributed architecture applications involving AWS, SAP, Salesforce, Magento )
* Addition: Proficient in Java, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, JUnit, object-oriented programming, REST web services
* Addition: Working knowledge of relational database concepts, SQL queries
* Addition: Deep understanding of payment processing, application server configurations, memory/connection management, large distributed architectures
* Experience with Cloud Services, implementing applications and migrating applications to the Cloud (ideally AWS)
* Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) and micro-service architectures
* Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka
* Experience in all phases of SDLC
* Proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs. Experience with the technical and deployment challenges of migrating legacy systems to a new architecture
* Very strong analytical, debugging skills
* Working knowledge of rapid development project planning concepts in a software development environment, including scheduling and estimation. Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile a plusStrong written communication skills; this role will require the creation of content such as design documents, recommendations and other written deliverables
* High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
* Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
* Good communicational skills, both verbal as well as written
* Expert organizational and management skills
* Expert time management skills and ability to complete the given tasks in the allocated time frame
* Expert supervising skills
* Retail/eCommerce domain background is desirable