Developer Chapter Lead
Create the products that are changing an industry We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of building software, you'll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at pace. Your work as a Developer Chapter Lead will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will impact the way the world invests.
RequirementsIn this role you will
* Provide leadership in defining Vanguard's Client
Experience& Digital strategy
* 70% hands on coding and 30% people management
* Investigate and solve business problems utilizing AWS
* Educate staff and the business on complex technical concepts with presentation materials
* Showcase experience advancing technical team members in skills through coaching/mentoring Impact Bring invention to investing Focused on creating innovative user experiences, you'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. While your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong organizational skills, will make you a valuable member of a collaborative team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience. As a Developer Chapter Lead within the Client Experience program, you'll work on a fully dedicated, co-located and durable team given the autonomy required to deliver solutions which fulfill client needs and drive business outcomes within the context of client journeys. The team will operate with enhanced speed and agility to deliver meaningful customer experiences in a rapid build-measure-learn manner.
Qualifications* A passion for building software is required
* Expertise building modern UIs using Angular and Node
* Experience with Java, Spring Boot CI/CD pipeline tools
* Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools
* Experience with AWS is a plus
* Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes experience preferred
* Problem-solver, and a player coach mentality is highly desirable
* 2+ years of people management experience ***Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position**
* About Vanguard We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests. For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose
- and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you. We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count. Inclusion Statement Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing." We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values. When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose. Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.