Benco Dental, the Nation's largest privately-owned dental distributor, is searching for a Developer to join its team in our Pittston, PA Home Office!
Why Join our Team?
* We drive dentistry forward by leveraging innovative solutions and our caring family culture.
* Family-owned for 80+ years
* #19 Best Companies to Work for in Health Care
* Annual Profit Sharing
* Medical, Dental, Vision effective Day 1Job Summary: Responsible for developing code and software as per specifications, both new code and modifications to existing code; troubleshooting and resolving issues with code; documenting changes; training users on changes as appropriate. This application developer role will be part of the Benco Enterprise Application and Architecture team, which is dedicated to sustainability and modernization of Bencos core systems. We are a fast pace, agile team that works on a wide range of projects across multiple technologies.
QualificationsEducation: Associates degree in Computer Systems or equivalent education/experience; Bachelors degree preferred. Experience: 3-5 years
Skills needed: Ability to communicate clearly, persuasively and effectively both verbally and written; good organizational skills; experience with
* C# (.NET Core/.NET Framework)
* Front-end Web Development (HTML, CSS, JS)
* Front-end Java
Script Framework (Angular, React, etc.) Experience is a plus not required.
* System Integration (ETL, REST API)Duties and Responsibilities:
* Effectively develops code and software as per specifications.
* Tests software that has been created or modified.
* Documents changes to software.
* Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills and listening skills.
* Effectively trains appropriate personnel on newly developed or modified software.
* Troubleshoots and debugs software.
* Consistently and effectively updates ALM tool (Jira) with appropriate comments to track progress of work.
* Performs Code Reviews for other team members.
* Breaks down work into estimable pieces and delivers accurate and consistent difficulty estimates.
* Works as an effective team member and works to improve team morale.
* Understands ITs role in helping Benco realize its mission.
* Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company. All job duties and responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Who We Are: Its our mission to deliver success smile after smile. Benco Dental is the largest privately owned, full-service dental distributor in the United States and has remained in the family since 1930
- a family that now includes our more than 30,000 customers and over 1,400 associates in the 48 contiguous states. We provide more supply and equipment options than any other full-service distributor, an offering enhanced by a comprehensive suite of services, including office design, equipment repair, practice coaching, financing and project management, wealth management and dental-specific technology solutions. These services are supported by over 400 professionally trained sales representatives and 300 factory-trained service technicians who begin every task by asking "What does the customer want?"If you enjoy working for a progressive company that is growth minded and values customers & associates we encourage you to learn more about our Benco family. We are looking for driven professionals who want to play a key role in our future success.