Senior Frontend Engineer: Curriculum Enablement Team
The Curriculum Enablement team owns the technology responsible for creating, publishing, and distributing Codecademy's learning content, such as lessons, quizzes, and projects. The team develops and maintains Codecademy's CMS and the API that serves content data to user-facing clients. It also partners with other teams to develop new educational experiences for our learners, including creating novel teaching interfaces that allow our curriculum developers to teach new technologies and domains.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Implement the features and user experiences that power Codecademy's web application like our interactive learning environment or user facing dashboards
* Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
* Collaborate closely with our Curriculum, Data Science, Design, Marketing, and Product teams to build an engaging user experience for our learners
* Build products and experiences people love through intuitive design and clear user experiences
* Take your ideas from concept to reality: use our experimentation systems to test different variations of our pages to experiment, iterate, learn, and repeat
* Be a champion for developing and adhering to engineering standards within your team. We want to build high-quality software that's easy to understand, easy to change, and works the way it's supposed to
* Put automated testing, tracking, and monitoring in place to ensure our website is always working as expectedWHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Expertise in HTML & CSS, with a knack for layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
* Expertise in browser APIs and optimizing for frontend performance
* Experience with frontend frameworks like React, AngularJS, Vue.js, or another equivalent framework
* Experience working with RESTful APIs and client/server architecturesWHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
* Excited about the opportunities and challenges of working on projects touching all areas of our codebase and associated microservices
* Experience with containerization tools, such as Docker or Kubernetes
* BS/MS in Computer Science or an equivalent major
* You gained your software engineering skills without the benefit of a traditional CS education, whether you're self-taught, a bootcamp grad, or a Codecademy learner!
* You love teaching people to code as a mentor, volunteer, writer, or teacherAt Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-
- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-
- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.