Application Development Lead
Swipe left and right to navigate between previous and next jobs. Applications Development Lead Retirement Solutions Job Description Pacific Life is embarking on a multi-year initiative to invest in dynamic people and technology, ensuring a bright future for our customers and community. To support this process, we are looking for a talented Application Development Lead to join our team in Newport Beach, CA. As Application Development Lead, you'll play a key role on our Digital Transformation Customer Experience team. You'll be responsible for defining and delivering the technical solutions that enable the Retirement Solutions Division to streamline the experience for newly appointed advisors and new business submission. You'll also aid in evolving how advisors engage with online resources and enhancing the digital experience for contract owners. As part of a dedicated self-organizing, cross-functional, Agile team, you'll work to drive and govern the overall technical vision, implementation, and delivery for the Customer Experience Team while managing, coaching and mentoring a team of software developers and engineers. If you're not only a tech expert, but also a self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big without overlooking minute details, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you're perfect for our team. What You'll Do Design Solutions
- Design the overall technological architecture of the product in addition to communicating and evangelizing best practices; constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, while remaining unafraid of challenging the status quo Coach and Mentor
- Coach and guide a team of software developers / engineers in coding practices, code reviews, continuous integration and automated deployment for product to create a seamless deployment pipeline; supporting with capability building and formal performance management and reviews for the team Deliver Software
- Deliver high-quality software across the stack (browser, server, CI/CD, cloud) in identifying and removing technical impediments for users and colleagues, taking a hands-on role to develop code when required Collaborate and prioritize
- Work with Journey Owner / Product Owner to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack Partner with the Journey Owner / Product Owner in user story and acceptance criteria creation; communicate tradeoffs effectively with Designers and other stakeholder Support the Journey Owner / Product Owner and Digital Transformation Owner to evaluate costs and benefits associated with various technical implementations Define Engineering Best Practices
- Role model exceptional software-building practices to the team to facilitate delivery of reliable and enjoyable customer experiences Communicate
- Maintain and communicate external IT dependencies while ensuring that external stakeholders are delivering against commitments Tech & Tools You'll Use Domain-driven design patterns, test-driven development, continuous deployment, service-oriented architectures, REST APIs, application security, single page applications, progressive web apps Modern program languages across stack (Java
Script ES6, Java, Python, Ruby), Cloud-native tools such as AWS (including EC2, ECS, Aurora, S3), Terraform, Azure DevOps, Docker React, Angular, CSS Frameworks, Spring, PostgreSQL, Redis, nginx (Open
Resty), Mulesoft Factors for Success Bachelor's in MIS, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience 5 years' experience in software implementation and design roles working on large, complex projects that deliver or enhance production software systems; expertise in architectural frameworks, component-driven development and design systems Demonstrable technology skills across multiple IT domains including software development, infrastructure and security Good working knowledge and understanding of a variety of automation, integration and business process management solutions, vendors, capabilities, features, and functionalities Demonstrated experience working in Agile methodologies; experience managing and negotiating technical priorities within the backlog Experience with Financial Services and Annuities or Insurance products preferred Willingness to solve new problems and ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly Inclination toward building software in order to deliver business and user value; strong communication skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively engage and align stakeholders, ranging from senior management to application developers, on complex technical material High energy and passion, ability to inspire teammates to reach their maximum potential, embrace a culture of trust, free thought, and complete transparency, willing to bravely challenge the status quo Req Number 5295BR Position Location(s) Newport Beach, CA Full Time / Part Time full time About Pacific Life At Pacific Life, we know we're better when you can be your whole self
- both in and out of the office. That's why we also allow employees to build flexibility into their work schedules, provided they consistently achieve their goals and provide demonstrable value for our policyholders. In addition to the value we provide for our employees and policyholders, we are also renowned for our philanthropic work, having donated over $109M to nonprofits over the past 33 years. All this considered, it's no wonder we were named one of America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes in 2019. Simply put, if you want to find fulfillment in both your career and your life, join our team at Pacific Life, where power meets purpose. We firmly believe each of our employees play a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life provides an exciting work environment where your energy, enthusiasm, and ideas are valued. We are committed to giving you the resources and space to do your best work and feel good about the impact you make. Pacific Life is ranked 298th on the 2019 Forbes Fortune 500 list, has been named one of the 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, and was named by Forbes as one of America's Best Midsize Employers for 2019.
BenefitsFor more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered our clients innovative products and services that help them to reach their financial goals and safeguard their futures. To ensure our next 150 years are as prosperous as our first 150, we're fostering a culture of shared values across our company by providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These include: Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) Generous vacation time and holiday pay For additional information about open positions and other opportunities to join our team, visit www.pacificlife.com/home/Careers.html.
EEO Statement Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.