Front End Engineer - Amazon Go and Physical Retail Stores
Would you like to be one of the leaders of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
* Build fascinating new web services and products
* Work directly with our customers and shape the vision of the web stack
* Create and drive metrics to measure complexity
* Brainstorm, prototype, test, and iterate on new ideas
* Work with the latest technologies and tools
* Learn from others and help grow other team members
* See the positive impact of your work on real customers
* Brainstorm, design, and implement front end components and user experience for Associate platform CustomersInterested in a team with a strong culture and camaraderie?
Have the passion to build the best customers experience and the drive to actually ship it?
Then we would love to talk to you. Basic Qualifications
* BS/MS in Computer Science
* 3+ Years' experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
* 3+ Years' of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
* Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, high performance, secure, and accessibility compliant.
* Skilled in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
* Proficiency in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, MVC frameworks, Struts or Spring desired.
* Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, objects, promises, etc.).
* Able to dive into the source code of front-end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary
* Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
* Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
* Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
* Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer's devices, etc.).
* Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experienceAmazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual orientation. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.