Sr. Front End Developer-Angular
Title: Sr. Front End Developer
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: Full Time
The Software Engineer II will be a key member of the software engineering team responsible for developing platform components for external customers. You will be working in an Agile Scrum team and reporting to the software development lead located in Dallas, TX.
As part of a fast-paced, nimble software development lifecycle, analyzes requirements and user stories, implements and debugs, documents, integrates and supports software deployment and troubleshooting activities. May interact with other groups within Omnitracs to support and troubleshooting procedures and/or training documentation. The incumbent in this role will be in a position to have an immediate impact on creating industry leading solutions that have a direct effect on our customers’ business.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Experience with AngularJS, HTML and CSS
- Candidate should have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders on a project to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently on work assignments; self-starter.
- Good communication skills as this position will require heavy interaction with a number of different groups
- Ability to coach teams of junior developers on projects assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3-4 Years relevant experience performing similar duties in a software development environment, including:
- 3+ years’ experience developing high-performance applications
- Proven experience working with cross-browser development
- 3+ years’ experience of web standards & technologies (ex. HTTP, REST, SOAP, JSON and XSD documents)
- Experience developing RESTful micro-service based applications.
- Experience of CI (Continuous Integration) techniques for UI (i.e. Grunt, Jenkins, Bamboo, Jasmine, JSCoverage) is a plus
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (Less, SCSS/SASS, Compass)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Agile (Scrum or XP) and test & behavior driven development, continuous integration and version control
- Understanding of UX principles and best practices
- Transportation industry experience a plus