Seeking a Software Engineers, a Senior Software Engineer and a Lead
At Hookit, we help brands maximize their sponsorship investments while empowering athletes, teams, leagues, and federations to prove and increase their value to sponsors. We are growing our team to support our meteoric growth in the new media, data-driven and insight focused sports sponsorship analytics space - an industry and approach we pioneered nearly five years ago.
This year, more than $130B will be invested globally in sports sponsorship and related marketing activation. In years past, the value of sports sponsorship was broadly estimated based on assumptive, impression-based measurement of traditional media channels like television, print, and radio. With the massive growth and shift to social and digital media, these modern channels demand modern methods to track engagement and sponsorship value with real-time, verified data and insights.
Hookit developed the first, most trusted standard in the global marketplace that effectively measures $5B per month of previously unknown sponsorship value that brands receive from athletes, teams, leagues, venues, and events in social and digital media. Now actively tracking nearly 500,000 sports entities across the largest social and digital media platforms, Hookit has become a must-have tool for digitally-focused, forward-thinking companies like Major League Soccer, Soccer United Marketing, Canadian Olympic Team, Monster Energy, GoPro, McLaren Honda F1, Kantar Media, Liverpool FC, PGA European Tour and World Surf League, who use Hookit’s platform to drive increased ROI on their sponsorships.
Our ideal candidate has excellent programming skills, experience connecting to and consuming data from external APIs and most importantly developing consumer applications. Demonstrable experience in mobile development and/or data visualization/analytics is highly preferred.
- Cutting edge, innovative technology to aggregate, process, enrich, analyze and visualize billions of data points to deliver on our goal to maximize every dollar spent in sports sponsorship.
- Contribute to the design of the overall platform architecture and web/mobile applications.
- Develop tools, reports, and dashboards to help brands, teams, leagues, events, venues, athletes & agencies understand and use data.
- Extensive use of AI, NLP and creation/integration of various data enrichment services.
- Work with existing & future data partners to connect and capture.
- Evolve our API to make the data we collect and disseminate usable to partners.
- Optimization of web applications for speed and scalability.
- 5+ Years of software engineering/development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experienced in mobile development utilizing React.
- Experience consuming data from external APIs (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, Weibo a big plus)
- MS SQL Server experience
- AWS Experience a plus
- Experience with NoSQL platforms, graph database, headless browsers, NGINX, etc.
- Expert writing highly efficient, possibly multithreaded code
- Should have varied experience within SaaS environments.
- Passion for web development, creating cool stuff, want to make an impact & work with a great team
- Great communication skills
- Experience with machine learning, AI, and/or data visualization/analytics is a big plus.
- Experience with data extraction & modeling a plus
- Previous work with React / Redux preferred
- Comfortable and happy writing front end or back end code preferable
Hookit began as SponsorHouse, a game-changing service to connect amateur athletes with sponsors online. Athletes & founders Scott Tilton and RJ Kraus developed a platform that connected hundreds of thousands of athletes with millions of deals, gathering mountains of data in the process. And, as the data grew, so did the story it was starting to tell...
Today, we are a fast growing team of 30 sports and technology experts widely recognized for solving our customer’s needs with innovative, reliable and easy to use tools.
Based on the coast in San Diego, California, our culture is rooted in ensuring our team is happy with the work they are doing, where they are doing it and who they are doing it with. We want Hookit to be the best, most fulfilling job everyone on our team has ever had