Senior UI Engineer (REMOTE – WEST COAST)
Position Title: Senior UI Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 6,300 customers across 67 countries, including more than 40 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye's San Francisco UI team is looking for a talented and innovative senior UI engineer to help us build intuitive and elegant user interfaces for security-related big data search, management, visualization, and exploration. Working with technologies like Angular, TypeScript, node, SCSS, D3, and a sophisticated set of RESTful/real-time APIs, you’ll develop and enhance platform features, build reusable components, improve user experience, and prototype visualization interfaces that help our users understand and manage their security-related data.
- A strong proponent of web standards, usability, and simplicity
- Interested in the latest developments in front-end technologies, standards, and tooling
- An advocate for clean, testable, reusable code
- Able to self-direct, take ownership of feature development, learn and adapt
- Collaborate with a small, talented team of designers and developers to build beautiful, fast, robust user interfaces with the latest technologies and techniques
- Develop, document, and support reusable web components for integration with a range of security product interfaces
- Perform code reviews, mentor junior developers, and contribute to development best practices
- Participate in development of architecture, tooling, technology stack, and product design
- Work in a relaxed, quality-focused environment with an internationally-distributed team of experts
- Expert knowledge of modern, object-oriented development concepts and best practices
- Minimum of 3 years experience building enterprise AngularJS and Angular 2.x+ applications. Angular 4/5/6 expertise required.
- Comfort with version control systems (Git)
- Experience with OOCSS, SCSS, CSS3
- Experience interacting with web services and RESTful APIs
- Experience with writing and maintaining unit tests
- Familiarity with Mac OS, Linux development environments
Location: San Francisco, CA, Milpitas, CA, or Remote PST timezone only
FireEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Click here to view the full EEO/AA statement.