Mobile developer – React Native
Phyn is changing the way people think about water. In just nine years nearly two in three people may face a shortage of clean water. Yet in the U.S alone, people unknowingly waste a trillion gallons of water per year, largely because it’s an invisible problem that is hidden behind the walls, underground, or simply ignored. But what if it could become more visible and top of mind? What if smart, elegant, and non-intrusive solutions could
make ready access to safe, affordable, clean water for generations to come a reality? We believe that by creating simple to install, highly accurate and insightful solutions with engaging user experiences that help bring issues to light before they become a problem is the key to saving water, saving money and, just maybe, saving the planet.
Phyn is the result of nearly a decade of research, development, and testing. We are currently searching for a Mobile Engineer to accelerate our successful post launch plans. You’ll be a critical member of a small, customer focused, platform engineering team for our React Native iPhone and Android apps. This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the company’s technology, but one where you’ll have influence over our whole mobile program, from design to production. If you want to work on products that will have an impact on solving a major global issue with tremendous growth opportunity, this is the opportunity to consider.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Mobile application development.
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that’s super-fast for end users
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and product
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results within a schedule
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to work on challenging problems with smart people. You’re someone who could get positions at most software companies, but you’re looking for the perfect role that has great leadership, a roster of top talent, game-changing product vision, and a work hard/play hard company culture.
You also meet most (if not all) of the following requirements:
- Personal commitment to continuously learn and improve.
- Bachelors, masters, or doctorate degree in a related field, or a great reason for not having one (and we know there are reasons…)
- A track record of projects completed on time – you’re a flawless executor and know how to build great software
- Evidence of being self-motivated and driven – you find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve hard problems
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience with Native Development and a willingness to learn new technologies if needed (ideally you have shipped at least one substantial app and know how to integrate with backend RESTful APIs)
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, is a plus.
We are committed to diversity. Phyn LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.