Frontend Developer (Startup / Encryption)
ProtonMail started a few years ago with the mission of making encryption mainstream and easy to use. Today we're the world's largest end-to-end encrypted mail provider, but are still a very small focused team.
We're looking to expand our Frontend team in San Francisco and you'll be one of the first people in the California team to manage all aspects of our Angular-powered line of products.
Experience with the following are required:
- Setup CI (Jenkins or other)
- Automated testing (Jasmine/Mocha/Protractor), review, deployment
- Tooling (grunt/gulp/webpack/npm scripts)
- React (React Native, Electron etc.)
- AngularJS 1 and beyond
- ES6 (2015)
- SPA, PWA, Web UI Components, Web Workers
- Server Sent Event, Web Socket
- Security everywhere
- Bug tracking
- Version control system (git)
Bonus points for:
- Extensive Linux experience (e.g. you know basic system administration)
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from an application development standpoint (OWASP)
- Knowledge or experience in back-end software development and RESTful APIs
- Ability to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Fluent in French (for our Geneva based team)
- Bachelor's's degree in a relevant field of study and/or scientific background from a highly competitive university
What you will be doing:
- Building scalable, reliable, and secure web applications.
- Building complex front-end logic (encryption/decryption, caching, synchronization, performance optimization)
- Interacting with our backend team to come up with the best API design
- Writing software to improve webapp reliability (unit tests, automated testing)
- Working with product and design teams on producing the most intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces
- There will be the opportunity to take on a leadership role within our growing team
Why work at ProtonMail:
- You will learn many things you can't learn anywhere else
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Startup environment where everyone matters and can make a big impact
- Work in an ultra high grow environment solving interesting problems, there is never a boring moment
- Fast growth also means there are many opportunities for rapid advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- High potential upside. In addition to highly competitive salaries, key employees can receive valuable early employee stock options.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default, and not merely an afterthought. Be part of this revolution that is changing the world.