WordPress/PHP Developer, MyWalletHero
Are you a PHP developer who can write clean, maintainable code for the Word
Press platform, and relishes the opportunity to do so?
Are you able to pick up a story for a new feature, find an elegant solution using Word
Press constructs, and implement it from front-end to back-end without skipping a beat?
Do you enjoy being the bridge between business and technology for stakeholders across a company?
If you answered yes to one (or all three!) of our questions, keep reading!
At The Motley Fool, we want to make the world smarter, happier, and richer. And we are looking for savvy, talented PHP developers to join our MyWallet
Hero team as we expand our global reach. MyWallet
Hero, A Motley Fool company is in the business of finding the best offers to help others improve their personal finances and sharing ratings and commentary. We live and breathe online, so we are constantly stepping up our site game. With your broad experience, you have solid, hands-on work experience building beautiful, fast, and functional websites, and you enjoy thinking outside the box and collaborating with those around you. We are a highly motivated, highly valued, motley crew, each with unique perspectives we bring to the team, and we play a critical role in the success of the Fool's brand across multiple teams. It's common for teams to operate like a (mature) startup as we excitedly test new technologies and platforms and discover what works best in our mission to scale steadily into more ventures around the world. If you think you have the skills and drive to join our band of Fools, please send us your Foolishly-written cover letter and ultra-impressive resume!
We're ready to be wowed. Requirements:
* Highly skilled, detail-oriented PHP Developer well-versed in modern best practices such as TDD.
* Deep experience with writing code for Word
Press as a CMS
* Knowledge of core actions & filters, the Word
Press REST API, and how to create plugins using OOP.
* Experience working with SaaS/RESTful API's.
* Comfortable blurring the line between traditional back-end and front-end development, often integrating PHP with client-side frameworks and Ajax.
* Good instinct for choosing tools that are appropriate for solving problem and not because of tech fashion trends (although we do like to stay innovative!).
* Familiarity with The Motley Fool's mission, purpose, and ethos. You also have:
* A history of work on a large development project where you collaborated with other developers, designers, and product owners.
* Familiarity and some level of experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Vue.js, or Angular.
* Curiosity and a love of learning: Whether it's the latest technology, how the Foolish business operates, or investing, you have an insatiable appetite for knowledge. And you love to share that knowledge with your fellow Fools!
* Familiarity and experience with other programming languages besides PHP
- we don't mind which
- so long as you learned that language's rules, syntax, and design patterns, making you a well-rounded developer.
* Good communication skills.
* Even better documentation chops.
* A sense of humor. Not required, but would be great if you have:
* Experience working in a publishing company or financial services company.
* Working knowledge of Word
Press 5.0 and Gutenberg editor.
* Examples of open source projects you have started or contributed to.
* E-commerce experience: writing code or utilizing systems for processing online payments, either in or outside of Word
* Experience as an investor. And a self-managed 401(k) totally counts!
The Motley Fool is firmly committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a motley group of overachievers that have built a culture of trust founded on Foolishness, fun, and a commitment to making the world smarter, happier and richer. However you identify or whatever winding road has led you to us, please don't hesitate to apply if the description above leaves you thinking, "Hey!
I could do that!"