Web Technical Specialist and Developer -Expert
NCSBE is looking for a strong developer with experience in Front End Development by developing responsive website UI design to handle users of different devices and browsers.
The State Board of Elections is the statewide agency that administers elections, enforces campaign finance requirements, and conducts associated investigations.
The State Board ensures uniform implementation of North Carolina's election laws and appoints members serving on local boards of elections in each county. The Board is composed of five individuals appointed by the Governor from lists of nominees submitted by the chairs of the two political parties having the highest number of registered affiliates.
Agency staff are civil servants, not political hires, and the agency values its history of bipartisan and independent administration.
.Net Application Developer will be part of a team to implement a software solution.
The applicant must have good written and spoken communication skills, be able to work within a team and independently, follow guidelines and standards as set forth by agency IT, and ensure technical quality of deliverables.
Application Software Maintenance:
Fulfills resolution of software issues as documented in a software change management tool. Includes: developing the solution, functional testing, beta testing as required, and writing a test scenario. Assures work is safeguarded, well documented, and ready to deploy, via the software change management tool. Acquires technical assistance from group leader in developing solution to assure quality of work and adherence to intradepartmental coding standards. Fulfills responsibilities for ad Hoc software resolution of field issues (identified by bug/incident tracking application); this may include release of software patch, data cleanup, and/or coordinating with the infrastructure side of IT for hardware/network issues.
Application Software Research:
Provide research by investigating, testing and implementing new software development technologies that could benefit the team.
Application Software Documentation:
Provides documentation of applications (screenshots and architecture) to complement the existing collection and insure it is kept up to date. Provides software technical documentation as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES:
• At least 5 years of experience in software development
• Experience in Front End Development by developing responsive website UI design to handle users of different devices and browsers
• Experience in C#
• Experience with the MVC Framework
• Experience in the following skills:
o Kendo UI
• Experience working with JSON objects and communicating via RESTful webservices
• Strong familiarity with object-oriented systems and enterprise design patterns.
• Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, testing and operational excellence
• [Preferred] Experience with creating automated testing both unit testing and UI testing
• [Preferred] Experience with .net core
• [Preferred] Experience with Entity Framework and SQL
• [Preferred] Experience with GIT
• [Preferred] Experience with Azure Devops (Formally TFS)
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or development; or Bachelor's degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in business application consulting or development; or Associate's degree in Computer Programming from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.