Web Developer Principal
SAIC is seeking a Web Developer to provide support to the CIO-T/TF/TFI Integration Design Branch by applying extensive knowledge of various sciences (e.g., Computer Science, Programming; APIs or web service technologies (e.g., REST APIs, SOAP, and XML); and browser-based technologies and libraries (e.g.
AJAX, jQuery, Angular, Handlebars, Bootstrap or similar design and HTML templating frameworks).
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applications utilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and to optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web design technologies to create innovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness, and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea from scientific presentations to websites or online productivity tools.
- Create visual concepts by using Java
Script and other browser-based technologies such as, Asynchronous Java
Script and Extensible Markup (AJAX), jQuery, and Bootstrap.
- Utilize the NGA DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) to ensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient and reusable resource and guidance libraries for future design use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on NGA s content management system (permissions, api, web parts).
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and content reviews to refine user experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
- Utilize XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services and REST of multiple systems including Microsoft Share
Point. Possess associated technical knowledge of admin and servers associated with Share
Point such as SQL Server administration, Windows Server Administration, active directory control, etc.
- Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to the design of applications and web sites.
- Bachelors degree and 7 plus years of experience or 15 plus years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated experience developing with Angular, Node JS, HTML, CSS, Java
Script, Angular JS / Ajax REST, Bootstrap.
- Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/or CMS applications.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability