|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 23, 2017|
At adidas Group, our love of sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a shoe more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics: We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
At adidas Group, this drive it what connects us, whether we’re working for TaylorMade, adidas, Reebok, or Rockport. We’re all working toward a future motivated by passion, original thinking, and the desire to build upon a proud legacy.
From design to production to logistics to technology, every role in all our brands is connected to this. Our roles span the range of our brands, as well as spanning the globe. No matter what you do, or what country or city you do it in, your work helps make greatness possible.
- MAIN FUNCTIONS / PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Web Application Developer’s role is to develop, test, analyze, and maintain new and existing web applications. With direction from Business Solution Managers, and with the collaboration of the other Web developers in the application development team, the Web Application Developer will perform the following System Development Life Cycle tasks which include, but not limited to, defining business requirements, creating functional specifications, coding and unit testing, system integration, user acceptance testing and technical support.
- DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The Web Application Developer plays a key role within IT and other departments. This role is one that requires alignment within IT, user input and involvement (as to web needs), and ultimately, one that requires a high level of communication and co-ordination with other departments.
Current Responsibilities include
- Create/maintain all web applications using AngularJS, .NET or Magic as the main programming tools across all brands
- Receive specifications and work from BSM’s, and other developers, to implement solutions based on business requirements.
- Deliver on our project needs with our B2B systems and achieve agreed upon timelines for successful implementation.
- Respond to and resolve applications issues, performance concerns in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Continuously identify, analyze and document system/process issues to seek for improvements specifying their solution path forward contributing with theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
- Prepare proposal and business case to key business stakeholders and IT management
- Where needed, work with business counterparts to unsure that UAT is successfully achieved.
- Work on operational excellence including creation and maintenance of standard operation procedures and user manuals for different systems.
- Develop end-to-end understanding of business processes and demands in specific domain. Provide technical expertise in the specific domain, covering application set-up, customization and process flows, and configuration and reporting.
- SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of .Net or Magic programming
- Knowledge of SQL programming or conceptual understanding of the AS400/DB2 or MS SQL environment
- Previous work experience with website development for mobile devices
- Proven web design experience
- Knowledge of MS Office, specially Excel and Word
- Pro-active and customer-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written. Able to train users on web applications and produce documentation
- Knowledge of how to maintain web servers, including basic networking, security, IIS and FTP
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to manage effectively in a team environment, coordinating multiple tasks in parallel, many times with conflicting priorities.
- General SAP working knowledge
- Understanding of supply chain, ordering, warehouse and B2B systems (must understand concepts of purchasing, receiving, adjustments, inventory control, physical/cycle count, reconciliation, standard costing)
- Public speaking, presentation and strong communication skills would be a definite asset
- EDUCATION REQUIRED
- College or University degree with IT related studies or business management studies.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive work experience