Vice President Engineering at Citi in Irving, TX
Citi📌 Irving, TX
You will be redirected to Citi's preferred application process.
Vice President Engineering
Cloud Engineer, VP (Irving TX) We are looking for a senior engineer to join our engineering excellence branch projects for global consumer banking technology. Our team uses emerging technology, our operating programs are cross cutting. We are looking for passionate and scrappy individuals who will offer a unique perspective. Generally, candidates with at least 6-10 years of experience in engineering are able to learn the needs of the role more quickly, but we are open to individuals with varying levels of experience.
ResponsibilitiesDeploying Applications through AWS,
- Accountable for executing and driving results on large-scale efforts or multiple smaller efforts and serving as a development lead for most medium and large projects. This includes expertise with application development methodologies and standards for program analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and implementation. Leveraging Angular Leverage CI/CD software such as Docker, Kubernetes Using Service.
Mesh to deploy Microservices Elaborate, bring and communicate clear metrics on Design Reviews, Code Reviews, CI/CD and Design Patterns adoption
- CI/CD is essential part of role Through understanding of cloud architecture including cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. Able to designs, develops, and manages robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions which span hybrid environments. Extensive knowledge of building & deploying Java based Micro-services in any cloud platform. Expertise in designing and developing Java spring boot Mi cro-services Functional
SkillsIndependent work style, requiring little or no guidance by more senior developers. Decisions will make a significant, measurable impact on the business goals for the client organization. During team discussions you will play a significant role with TPMs and engineering managers to determine potential risks to a schedule. Will be responsible for leading strategic Engineering Excellence initiatives which typically includes coming up with a cross cutting, emerging tech design which impacts all of NAM application landscape. Driving stability initiatives to modernize the application architecture and ensure sustainable environment. Accountable for automation of risk and controls space by leveraging emerging technology techniques like AI/ML. Assist in the planning and managing of application development assignments generally involving large budgets, cross functional projects or multiple projects. This includes effectively understanding and analyzing both technical and business risks and impact. Expected to effectively communicate those risks to the business owners, so that they can make informed decisions. Accountable for providing guidance on architecturally significant efforts during the preplanning phase, and ensuring principles and best practices are followed prior to initiation of work. In doing so, closely watch and evaluate Digital roadmaps, including impacts to support upcoming journeys. Publish design review extensions, and provide documented guidance aligned to sprint plans and timelines. Be part of the design review board that will focus on the design process, search for generic patterns, and, at the same time, share best practices across the organization. Publish design patterns across lines of business and domain commonalities. Drive design reviews for Next Gen Architecture (NGA) and Plan of Record (POR) projects, supporting design principles and best practices. Participate in micro services and NGA code reviews. Empower SDEs and their teams by mentoring and coaching. Have a comprehensive understanding of the business domain, the systems, and the products in your space. Understand their accountabilities, boundaries, limitations, scale factors and the reasons behind architectural decisions. Provide a long-term perspective for business and technology choices; using technical judgment to vet architecture as required Accountable for the overall strategy and for driving the teams inside and outside of your organization to deliver expected results. Drive mindful discussion with business and technical stakeholders that lead to timely decisions. Participate in discussions to drive smart trade-off decisions that balance efforts, delivery timelines, features, and technical constraints. Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations. Create plans that have a clear path to delivery. Solve for dependencies between agile and waterfall delivery efforts. Help your teams organize for delivery while maximizing resources for the greater good of the Digital organization. Understand engineering best practices and apply best practices to the software development lifecycle (SDLC) Demonstrate the ability to implement continuous improvement and the induction of new technology. Demonstrate examples of influence in scrum teams beyond your own area of focus.
Qualifications6-+ years of relevant hands-on experience in an Apps Development role or senior level experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with subject matter expert in one or more areas. Exhibit expertise in all aspects of technology by understanding broader patterns and techniques as they apply to Citis internal and external cloud platforms (AWS, PCF, Akamai) Demonstrated ability / understanding of Core Java develop Lead resources and serve as a functional SME across the company through advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, networking, use of knowledge and experience to lead, architect, and drive broader adoption forward. Acquire relevant technology and financial industry skills (AWS PWS) and understand all aspects of NGA technology including innovative approaches and new opportunities. Demonstrate knowledge on automating code quality, code performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD.
EducationBachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred ------------------------------------------------
- Job Family Group: Technology ------------------------------------------------
- Job Family: Digital Software Engineering -----------------------------------------------------
- Time Type: -----------------------------------------------------
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi. View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement. View the EEO Policy Statement. View the Pay Transparency Posting
You will be redirected to Citi's preferred application process.
Job Expires: December 19, 2020
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.