Technical Scrum Master
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The NewCo program team is passionate for technology and strives to build well architected and innovative solutions for the business. NewCo has adopted the Scaled Agile development framework and core DevOps engineering practices such as continuous integration, continuous deployment and behavior driven development.
- Ensures Scrum Team adheres to Scrum principles and best practices Enables and helps those outside the Scrum Team (development team) understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which arent.
- Helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
- Understands product planning in an inspect and adapt environment, and ensures the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value
- Provides information regarding team health: people, process, progress and overall satisfaction to Technology and Business Leaders Coaches the team members to practice effective Scrum
- Removes impediments for the team and escalate appropriately Insulates Scrum Team from distractions or disruption Coaches the Product Owner, Development Team, Technology and Business Leaders on Scrum values, principles and best practices Partners with the Product Owner, IT Delivery Lead and Business leadership to form execution delivery plans and manage progress
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization Facilitates Release Planning
- Degree in Computer Science or related disciple with a minimum of 3 plus years of work experience in IT development as a Scrum Master
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Exposure to development using Scaled Agile framework Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches:
XP, Kanban, Crystal, FD
D is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques.
- Experience in implementation of any insurance SaaS platform such as Duck Creek, Guidewire or others is a plus
- Experience or Exposure of leading software development teams in technologies such as C#, .NET, Mobile frameworks including Bootstrap and AngularJS, JBOSS & Azure is a plus. Understanding of ACORD based schema/XML is a plus
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age