Staff Software Engineer, Applications
The Applications team builds the systems that connect Vungle's publishers with advertisers and manages the applications, campaigns, creatives (bonus points for knowing what all that means) and everything else that feed into our ad serving pipeline. We're a group of Full-Stack Engineers. We are creating amazing front-ends for the biggest publishers/advertisers in mobile. We want you to hit the ground running and begin adding new features within a couple of weeks but don't worry, the team will help you get up to speed!
So what does the day-to-day look like?
It's a lot of coding, a decent amount of code reviews and unit testing, some discussions with end users and product teams, and most importantly, very few meetings. We want engineers who are looking to grow, build awesome features, and play a role in the expansion of our team with mentoring and bringing new ideas to the table. Use your unique talents and experience to suggest improvements and make them real! Responsibilities:
* Design, develop and deploy reusable components across the stack to enhance our publishing client & internal team dashboards
* Own and execute a product end to end by working closely with product teams
* Enhance the accessibility of the self-serve and admin platform
* Bring your expertise to develop dynamic user experiences
* Able to look at what is in the pipeline and suggest architectural changes needed.
* Design and architect APIs and event driven MicroServices
* Ensure 80% code coverage and ability to pass other quality gatesRequirements:
* 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
* Bachelor's degree with minimum 8 years of related experience
* Deep understanding of front-end architecture, building single page web application
* Full stack skills with backend Node.js along with React and Redux on the front end
* You have experience with testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Karma etc
* Building and implementing high-performance reusable UI components with modern tools like ES6, React, Vue, Redux, and Webpack
* Experience leading and owning cross-functional projects
* Help grow our team by providing valuable feedback and by mentoring junior engineers
* Experience improving code base; ability to research and produce POCs Nice to have:
* Built large scale application with Next.js, Gatsby.js, or similar UI framework.
* Experience with Kubernetes / Docker / Containerization
* Built Role Based Access Control and Feature Toggle dashboards. About Vungle: Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Mobile application developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle develops tools that include data-led buying and UX recommendations, ad format innovation, creative automation, and more. Vungle's data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns for publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands, including Rovio, Zynga, Pandora, and Microsoft. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, and Singapore. For more information, visit www.vungle.com or follow the company on Twitter @Vungle . #LI-JH1