Sr. UX Graphic Designer - TS/SCI with Security Clearance
Position Title: Senior UX Graphic Designer
Location: Springfield, VA Duties may include:
• Conduct design evaluations for Customer’s HD web enterprises to enable the build out of respective web designs to enhance the user experience.
• Work with team members to evaluate ideas and concepts, assist with making critical decisions affecting the user experience, and incorporate varying stages of the design to the UX process.
• Collaborate with internal and external teams and application users to conceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences while maintaining functionality and simple workflows.
• Create and implement Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Share
Point Designs, HTML5 markup language, and other markup languages as needed to support design implementation.
• Defines the design rationale and explain visual choices to cross-functional teams; express concepts verbally and visually.
• Create detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications.
• Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and optimize existing products.
• Share ideas with internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction, and visual designs, usability, and supporting technologies.
• Develop thoughtful recommendations on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics and other web best practices.
• Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required for individuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
• Create visual concepts by using computer software, Java
Script and other browser-based technologies such as, Share
Script, Handlebars, jQuery, and Bootstrap.
• Create products and services that adhere to design and brand guidelines.
• Translate architecture and other technical solutions into design products.
• Thoughtful recommendations on use of graphics, mobile optimization, accessibility compliance, and other web best practices.
• Consult with client to define the strategy needed to expand and enhance the website in both scope of content and technical features.
• Ensure web development follows 508 compliance.
• Utilize XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services and REST of multiple systems including Microsoft Share
• Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs) to the design of applications and web sites.
RequiredSkills and Experience:
• Demonstrated experience developing with Angular, Node JS, HTML, CSS, Java
Script, Angular JS / Ajax REST, Bootstrap.
• Demonstrated experience implementing front-end, user experience design and development.
• Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
• Demonstrated experience designing graphic and branding elements with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
• Minimum 10 years’ experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g.
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud graphics applications About Navstar Inc. For 20 years, our mission has been to provide high quality Innovative Technology Services and Solutions within the Intelligence Community. We accomplish this with the best AllStar team and by delivering on time and within budget – while consistently striving to exceed our customer’s expectations. At Navstar everything we do revolves around listening to our customers, delivering the results they expect, and being fun to work with as both a prime and subcontractor.
A proven track record of successfully providing innovative technology services and solutions on highly mission-focused programs. Security is our priority and together, we make the nation a safer place. For more information visit www.navstar-inc.com. Navstar Core Values
• New Ideas – Utilizes creativity to identify ways to improve.
• Integrity – Takes responsibility to always do the right thing.
• Customer Focus – Commits to the relationship with the customer and their mission.
• Excellence – Works to achieve the highest level of quality for the Company and themselves.
• Teamwork – Maintains respectful relationships with others, utilizing each other’s strengths. Benefits at Navstar
• Highly Competitive Health Care Premiums, including 100% employer paid for employee
• Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
• Generous PTO and Federal Holiday Paid Leave
• Employer Paid STD/LTD
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 401K plan and Employer Match
• Referral and Opportunity Referral Programs
• Professional Development Assistance Navstar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.