Sr. Software Engineer
Join the nation s leader in second-look finance servicing as our Sr. Software Engineer!
Genesis is seeking a talented Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to help deliver our next generation software solutions. As an ideal candidate, we d like you to be a forward and innovative thinker, experienced with transformative projects and has a successful track record working collaboratively with cross-functional team members. You should have practical experience creating Service Oriented Architectural solutions and can draw on that experience to help mentor team members. We are looking for an engineer who is delivery focused who has experience with multiple technology stacks and can present several solutions/approaches to solve problems. We run Agile Scrum, and desire folks that thrive under Agile and look for ways to constantly improve the practice. Time to market is important to us, and we like to see candidates with applicable experience using TDD principles in CI/CD environments.
As our Sr. Software Engineer you will:
- Write lots of high-quality, secure, efficient, scalable, and reusable code which protects customer privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Always perform unit tests and take responsibility for the quality of your own code once in production environments.
- Partner with our architects to break our existing monolithic applications into more modern decoupled micro services.
- Extend existing system functionality based on user requirements; analyzing code to identify areas for modification, as well as, maintain and support existing products.
- Provide input on our architecture, databases, and APIs.
- Consult with product managers to define, scope and plan new features.
- Partner with your QA teammates to ensure that cohesive, quality, usable solutions are produced.
- Test, evaluate and recommend technologies to improve our overall solutions.
- Be a key participant in our agile development process.
- Produce excellent documentation.
- 6+ years of experience in all aspects of the application development process; including gathering end user requirements, coding, deployment, and the creation of documentation.
- 6+ years of experience with the following: C#, ASP/ASP.Net, RESTful API, XML, CSS 3, HTML 5, Java
Script, JSON, jQuery, SQL Server (T-SQL/SQL Stored Procedures), ADO.Net, IIS
- 3+ years of relevant experience with one or more of these technologies. Docker, Kubernetes, Graphql, Lucene, Service Fabric, Kafka/Service Bus, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Hadoop, Scala
- Conversant with ASP.NET Core, EF, Eclipse, Spring Boot, Node.js, SAFe frameworks
- Experience with frameworks like Bootstrap, React, Vue, or AngularJS
- Familiarity with one or more typed functional programming languages and related paradigms (e.g. F#, GADTs, HoFs, property-based testing)
- Experience with CI/CD Pipeline systems like Team
City, Jenkins, Concourse, Hudson, Bamboo
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Enjoy learning new technologies and design patterns.
- 4-year degree in computer related field or equivalent experience in computer systems desired.
Genesis Financial Solutions is one of the nation s largest non-prime credit card servicing businesses. We serve almost 3 million consumers through two channels: Private Label Credit Card Servicing and direct-to-consumer Master
Card options that we service on behalf of our issuing bank partners. We specialize in second-look finance servicing for consumers who are turned down by a prime lender, yet are just slightly below the prime threshold. We are a company of seasoned consumer finance professionals who believe that everyone deserves the opportunity for both quality credit financing, and the chance to rebuild their credit. With our help, non-prime consumers can buy quality products and services without depleting their savings account.
Genesis Financial Solutions is an equal opportunity employer (EEO).