Sr Software Engineer - Core Platform at Ally in Charlotte, NC
Sr Software Engineer - Core Platform
Position DescriptionThe Sr. Software Developer will assist in the development of our core lending and analytics platform. We are seeking a strong coder who enjoys being a part of mature engineering team. This role requires a self-starter, and someone who has a strong desire to work together with the business on the best way to solve problems. Job Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
* Contribute to our software engineering efforts to deliver well-defined products that generate immediate customer value and deliver high-quality, broadly applicable software contributions
* Collaborate with other developers and teams to deliver solutions using a wide range of technologies
* Continuously build your technical knowledge and mentor junior team members to drive excellence in engineering as a cohesive, efficient, and productive unit
* Participate in agile ceremonies to scope, plan, and commit to a backlog for delivery
* Become familiar with, and participate in, the DevOps principals practiced by the engineering organization
* The Senior software engineering role is 80% hands-on and rest will be focusing on planning, design, upskilling, and mentoring the team.
Experience* 4+ years of professional development experience
* 4-year college/university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
* Excellent knowledge of .NET
4. 7, .NET Core
3. 1, C#, ASP.Net MVC, OWIN Web API and Entity Framework
* Strong service delivery experience including architecture and coding, and ideally building cloud services
* Solid understanding of design methodologies, patterns, prototyping, and client server / object-oriented technologies and programming techniques
* Strong experience with REST based APIs and service-oriented architecture
* Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, or Azure (preferred) a plus
* Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting with close communication with others
* Experience working with cloud technologies such as Azure and AWS a plus.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies. Business Unit/Enterprise Function.
Ally Lending provides point of sale financing solutions for providers and consumers across a number of industry verticals. Ally Lending is committed to making financing solutions simpler and more accessible for all stakeholders. Total Rewards Information.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation -- or total rewards -- extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
* Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
* Planning for the Future: benefits to help you plan for the near and long term including an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement and other financial well-being programs.
* Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
* Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility support as well as benefits that help you take care of your family -- parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child-care discounts.
- Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers program and other employee discount programs. Ally is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWe extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.3FEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.