A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Applications Programming - Practice Support team helps translate PwC’s business requirements through efficient and effective Information Technology software applications. We design, develop, test, and implement sophisticated software applications in support of the firms needs and requirements.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) of progressive roles focused on information technology applications and its overall impact on business strategies and productivity.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts, and business models;
- Staying current in emerging technology trends;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and create a competitive advantage to PwC;
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in written formats with project team members;
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues;
- Providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines;
- Understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance, and data privacy;
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative, and waterfall to support the success of the larger IT organization;
- Collaborating with other developers by participating in code reviews;
- Providing coaching and technical mentoring to more junior developers;
- Contributing within a small team of developers to deliver solutions within an Agile methodology, whilst establishing quality, timeliness, and team-wide adherence to good architectural practice and guidelines;
- Developing applications in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner; and,
- Thinking analytically with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or proven record of success in the following areas of application development:
- Design and architecture of SPA applications and frameworks;
- Mobile application development and deployment;
- Multiple front-end frameworks and libraries (Angular, React, Vue etc);
- Relational and document databases;
- Microservice architecture and distributed processing patterns;
- Project requirements analysis and ability to translate that into software architecture needs;
- Test Driven Development and/or Behavior Driven Development; and,
- Unit testing in several languages and frameworks.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.