Sr Software Engineer - C++
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized around the world. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Are you energized by type, fonts and typography?
Do you spend your time optimizing and enriching creative work using groundbreaking technologies, such as multi-platform development frameworks, native code, and modern C++?
Are the features you write visible in leading design products not only on the desktop, but on mobile platforms like Illustrator on the iPad?
If not, and you wish you were, look no further.
Our team builds the components and features that bring Type and Fonts to the forefront of the user experience in our products, allowing users to express their creativity in a detailed and joyful way. Our features will propel Adobe to the next level of engagement and user retention of our flagship Creative Cloud products, on desktop, web and mobile platforms!
What you will do
- Develop in C++ and native code (e.g. Objective-C) for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Build powerful components that Adobe's product teams like Photoshop (Ps) and XD will integrate into their new UI.
- Improve Adobe's new Unified Extensibility Platform (UXP) which powers the shared technology in Adobe's Creative Cloud apps.
- Develop expertise in writing highly performant native code on iOS and Android.
- Partner with various product teams (e.g. Ps, Xd, Fr, Ai, Id etc.) to integrate our components into Adobe's Creative Cloud apps.
- Build the font and type features that will impact the face of Creative Cloud products and affect millions of users in their efficiency.
What you need to succeed
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience building products for developers e.g.
SDKs, libraries, open source software.
- Proven experience in C++. (modern C++ e.g. C++11, C++14 is a plus)
- Experience writing libraries or apps on iOS or Android. (Objective-C, Android Java, Kotlin).
- Understanding of web browser technology / Java
- Passion for writing efficient highly performant code for mobile platforms.
- Passion for collaborating with multiple engineering teams that are clients using your software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
Nice to have
- Contributions to web standards, Java
Script engines or other open source projects.
- Experience with Web Assembly
- Professional experience developing libraries or SDKs.
- Practical experience developing on modern web frameworks (React, Angular, NodeJS) or multi-platform technologies like React Native or Native
- Knowledge of Japanese, Chinese or Korean layout rules and fonts.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.