Senior Front-end Engineer (React)
Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. We leverage the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users by providing Penetration Testing as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
What You Would Do
- Work with our core SF based engineering team following Agile and CICD processes to ship scalable code into production.
- Work closely with Product Management to gather requirements and deliver creative front-end solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- As we scale our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to provide technical mentorship to less experienced team members.
- Work in a small fast-paced collaborative startup environment where you will certainly be able to make an impact as we aim to build the best penetration testing as a service platform.
You Must Have
- Experience testing your own code prior to production.
- Exposure to working within Agile development processes and frameworks. You know how to work directly with product team members through sprint cycles.
- Previous experience building customer facing web applications.
- Ability to rapidly prototype interfaces to finalize the customer experience as well as build long term scalable, maintainable, and performant production code.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience with backend technologies including Ruby on Rails.
- Previous experience as a Full-stack Software Engineer.
- Working knowledge of Terraform infrastructures.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, remote work, & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid lunch 3x/week
- Pet-friendly offices
- Free parking (SF only)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)