Software Platform Engineer at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in Littleton, MA
Olympus Corporation of the AmericasLittleton, MA
Software Platform Engineer-
MASSACHUSETTS, LITTLETON; MASSACHUSETTS, SOUTHBOROUGH; MASSACHUSETTS, WALTHAM; Massachusetts, Boston; Massachusetts, Norfolk; Massachusetts, Worcester; New Hampshire, Nashua
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours?
At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus is seeking a Software Platform Engineer to participate as a member of the Global Customer Solutions R&D team. The Software Platform Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining software components and the environment in which they interoperate on a unique Windows embedded Medical Device platform. This job involves refining software components from internal and external components and providing software shims to help them communicate and interoperate. This role involves management of the startup, runtime, and shutdown of the software components of a Medical Device. The ideal candidate for this position is capable of combining a number of new and existing software components and makes it all work as an embedded system using modern practices and technologies.Job Duties
* Design/development and rework of new existing DotNet Core, C++, and angular components which run on Windows-based platforms.
* Manage component runtimes, communications, and resource dependencies within Docker containers
* Manage components which run as software services on a windows application
* Rework existing and create new communications interfaces leveraging technologies such as GRPC, RabbitMQ, and Rest API.
* Develop and rework software components which communicate with hardware devices using protocols such as RS-232, socket, and CAN-bus.
* Write software and/or system design specifications.
* Analysis of data from engineering perspective to provide performance information. Interpretation of results to recommend course of action.
* Work closely with test engineering to transition software and resolve issues during verification testing.
* Support of service and field related issues as well as some limited travel to address field issues.
* Unit testing to resolve integration issues prior to verification and validation.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
* Minimum of 10 years software development experience.
* Software Development on and for Windows systems to include W10 IoT.
* Object oriented programming skills.
* Managing drivers, custom hardware, and Windows updates in an embedded device.
* Development and Hosting of software components in services and docker containers in a Windows environment.
* Orchestration of system startup of various interconnected and interdependent software components in a windows platform.
* Communication technologies to include WCF, GRPC, RabbitMQ, and Rest API.
* Demonstrated ability to write and debug software which interfaces with hardware devices.
* Demonstrated proficiency in development of Dotnet Core, DotNet standard, and DotNet Full, and C++.
* Experience using Visual Studio 2019 as a development environment.
* Experience developing device communication and control software over RS232 IP and other control interfaces.
* Enterprise communications experience with WCF, GRPC, REST API.
* Experience with component dependency management using Nuget.
* Experience interfacing IoT devices to the Azure Cloud.
* Experience with ADO/GIT.
* This position requires working with an existing team system and software infrastructure as well as the development of new applications.
* Potential for limited travel.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com.
Olympus True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Littleton ||
More Angular Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.