Software Engineer - Digital Technologies
Role Summary: The Software Engineer is a developer, capable of designing, coding, testing and implementing applications systems. The person should be energetic, entrepreneurial mindset, innovating
- thinking about the "art of the possible" to become the Fin Tech market leader. While partnering with our business colleagues, you are responsible for advancing the tech stack to elevate our Customer satisfaction. Role
- 20% of time
* Educate and inform yourself and team members about technology opportunities
* Participate in strategic roadmap discussions to help guide the technology strategy
* In partnership with the Solutions Architect, Domain Architect complete annual Application Rationalization activities
* Responsible for developing new service based architecture
* Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- 80% of time
* Analyzing, programming and implementing modifications to existing systems following VCI standards and guidelines
* Program well designed testable and efficient code
* Produce non-functional specifications (eg secure, performance, management/monitoring, audit/logging, etc ) and data mining operational feasibility
* Provide time and cost estimates and be accountable for estimates provided
* Escalate anticipated risk to management promptly and properly
* Partner with Solutions Architect on design options
* Identify opportunities to use new technologies in the business together with the different business divisions
* Participate in the creation of state-of-the-art ideas and developments into POCs, prototypes and pilots
* Troubleshoot problems with production systems.
* Ability to operate within both agile and waterfall SDLC
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Work within and across teams (business partners, architects, peer engineers and IT Operations) to design, develop, document, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies in the respective SDLC.
* Conduct application code reviews and suggest necessary changes as applicable.
* Report on status of systems and projects on a regular and timely basis.
* Ensure the timely resolution of issues.
* Escalate anticipated risk to management promptly and properly.
* Keep up to date on technological developments in systems and programming.
* Participate in development projects as a team member with staff from within the Information Technology department and from external departments or vendors
* Mentor and coach peer engineers
* Presentations of design, new technologies or product knowledge to various audiences
Experience: Required -
* 7 -10 years of experience in Software Development in languages like Java, Python, NodeJS, Java
Script or similar
* 2 years of experience in frameworks like AngularJS, ReactJS
* 2 years of experience in Agile development methodologies
* 2 years of experience in both transactional as well Big Data
* 1 years of Software Development in Cloud (preferably in AWS)
* 1 years of experience of working in GITHUB or similar
* B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent job experience. Desired -
* Master's or PhD in Computer Science (or equivalent education)General Skills:
* Full Stack Development experience
* Cloud Computing
* DevOps, CI/CD
* Experience with GIT, JIRA
* Analytical and conceptual thinking
- using logic and reason, creative and strategic
* Communication skills
- interpersonal, presentation and written
* Problem solving
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Specialized Skills: Required -
* Full stack development experience with below skill sets
* Front-end technologies like HTML, CSS3, Java
Script. Knowledge of third-party libraries like jQuery, Angular and React.js is
* At least one server-side programming language like Java, C# or Nodejs.
* REST or GraphQL API creation experience
* Knowledge of various DBMS technology like MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer etc. and at least one NoSQL Technology (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Snowflake, DynamoDB etc.) and experience writing queries
* Design capabilities for basic prototypes and UI /UX design.
* Exposure to provisioning production grade servers Windows / Linux is desirable.
* Cloud Computing AWS.
* Ability to rapidly prototype and demonstrate potential product
* Experience working on at least one production cloud based application.
* Experience with vendor integrations (hosted solutions)
* Implement coding standards in partnership with Solutions Architect, Domain Architect and Enterprise Architecture
* Modern development practices
- e.g. DevOps
* Data Mining/Machine Learning
* Map Reduce (Hadoop etc.)
* Mobile programming experience (iOS, Android)
* TDD(Test Driven Development)Work Flexibility:
* Travel 10% of the time
* Onsite, remote work options dependent on team operating model and initiative
* Flexibility to work outside of core hours (Monday
- Friday) to support business demandWe are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.