Software Engineer(C#, .Net)
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer(C#, .Net)
Location: Santa Clara, CA/REMOTE because of the pandemic BUT candidates needs to be local
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of design principles, practices and implementation in complex systems and assignments. General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in design reviews, development and testing to assess performance against design specification; reliability testing, and assessment of system interactions. Makes independent decisions. Assist in the development of manufacturing processes and troubleshooting issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions.
- Consistently uses company concepts, policies and procedures, familiar with and follows standard practices.
- Projects are assigned with defined scope and goals.
- Direction is provided by more senior engineering staff, management or project leader.
- Participates in efforts to define new components, products or processes and identify technical challenges.
- Makes suggestions to improve work processes.
- Creates potentially patentable components for systems, or processes.
- Plans and executes assigned projects; utilizes thorough technical and theoretical understanding of numerous techniques.
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and provides/implements process or document improvements.
- Applies advanced engineering knowledge to projects.
- Executes experiments; participates in experimental design.
- Utilizes DOE where appropriate.
- Participates in technical team activities.
- Shares knowledge and expertise with others.
- Participates in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design.
- Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to own or other groups.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, engineering creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and concepts.
- Understands and uses the foundational practices for requirements management, development and analysis.
- Understands and uses the foundational processes and practices for SW planning.
- Uses company and industry design practices as applied to assignments.
- Uses company coding practices as applied to assignments.
- Uses company practices for SW integration and test.
BS degree in a directly related discipline.
Requires a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
OR MS degree in directly related discipline + 2 years of related experience required; OR, PhD degree in a directly related discipline and no experience required.
Collaborate with systems, requirements, software, and quality engineers as well as stakeholders on system and integration testing in all SDLC phases.
Design and develop test automation frameworks and quality reporting systems
Develop automated tests to facilitate verification on cloud and on-premises applications and instrument software including frontend and backend
Perform test environment configuration, test package deployment and test results reporting
Perform investigation and root cause analysis of system and software issues
Report document, and communicate and failures discovered during test execution
Technologies we use :
Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of engineering
5+ years of experience developing test automation frameworks and experience developing automated back end tests (Cucumber, Unit Test Frameworks)
Experience building automated pipelines (Jenkins)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Bring a continuous learning attitude and self-starter Motivation. . .
Understanding of best practices in technology Innovation and development for solving complex, ambiguous problems
Testing with a "break the code" and take ownership attention to detail attitude.
Strong knowledge and experience with front-end development.
Proficiency m a Linux environment (including shell scripting)
Experience building robust. scalable software products
C# and .NET
XAML and PRISM
Java is nice to have
Medical background and Biotech companies are good because they will be familiar with client's systems and will catch up easily.
Familiar with the regulatory environment.
This person should be working independently.